overtaxed and pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
That'll teach me to come in half way through the convo!

Hes fine thanks Archie, fast asleep next to me on the bed.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
How do you propose the government make up the £200bn in income tax that would be lost?

I mean, to put this figure into context, that is roughly the entire welfare spend of the UK. Of which 60% of that is spent on pensioners. Then about 8% is then spent on disability.

I am indeed with you in that the government squander a lot of money. I follow defence projects closely and see the wasted billions that disappear into "black holes". I do believe people in this country deserve a better quality of politician, sadly, nothing in the Houses of Parliament seems to fit the bill...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I think it's outrageous that I'm taxed at 40% on a large slice of my income.

If it's a 'large slice' you earn more than I do. But not enough to be taxed at 50% ;)

The wealthy pay more. That's usually been the way. Unless you're really wealthy when you find ways to avoid paying tax, unfortunately :angry:

You, I and probably a decent number of CC'ers are in the squeezed middle, where we pay more tax than we'd like to.

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
If it's a 'large slice' you earn more than I do. But not enough to be taxed at 50% ;)

The wealthy pay more. That's usually been the way. Unless you're really wealthy when you find ways to avoid paying tax, unfortunately :angry:

You, I and probably a decent number of CC'ers are in the squeezed middle, where we pay more tax than we'd like to.
It's getting so bad I'm considering a move to Dubai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom