Pack a Brompton for air travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Have fun down under!

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And...the bike arrived back here intact too - other than a nut vibrating loose, so one of the wheels on the rack fell off.
I can verify that a Brompton in a hard case, and a largish wheelycase, will fit in the boot of a Prius. Just about.
They will not fit into a Toyota Yaris without a back seat folded down.
I have yet to try and fit it into a Renault Megane.

Anyone want to borrow a Brompton wheelycase? Reasonable rates...

dddd4

If you use a bag, you will need to put it upside down to protect the chainrings. Some bike bags also offer wheel bags that can be used to keep the wheels safe and put on the side of the bike. If not, tie the wheels into the frame while locking the bag for security purposes.

Kell

Veteran
I know it's an old thread, but just reading some of your comments, I think although Bromptons do fold up the smallest of all the folders, they're still surprisingly big when you try and get them into a car. I'm guessing more so with the hard case.

We have a Q5 and while the boot isn't huge - certainly not compared to our old A6 - the Brompton effectively takes up more than half of it. It won't go in stood up, so it has to lie down and without any other form of cover, means that you can't put anything on top.

Top Bottom