Padded goalkeeper shorts good for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
tim-thomas-boston-bruins-nhl.jpg Something like this but with different footwear.
The stick will keep other riders at bay too.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 57

Big Andy

Über Member
I suppose any extra layer will give some extra level of protection, how much I dont know, in this case I suspect not a large amount. You have to also ask if their is any downside, in this case I cant think of a downside as such. So if you want to try them why not?

I never realised that goalkeepers wore padded shorts.

Something else learnt!

T4tomo

Guru
Downhill mtb shorts will be more suitable if you're really up for that. Goalkeepers don't dive off bikes onto tarmac regularly.

I still reckon its overkill but its upto the OP

On my commute I see a guy on a lot of mornings coming the other way on a electrically assisted un-restricted downhiller in full face helmet and full body armour. The bike is always clean so does not seem to get used off-road, The guy is usually doing probably mid 20's. So at least one other person seem to think its ok for a commute. I have lost skin before now and wish I had not, so maybe not as silly as some people think. Maybe someone could come up with some designs suitable for roadies and submit them to dragons den. Might be a market for it.

Top Bottom