Paging CC Ecosse - Mull and Moidart rides, first week of Sept, 2016?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, I will definitely go as long as the ferry is running. I would not be keen on swimming over towing the bicyle behind me on flotation bags though ... :whistle:

If the weather is too bad, then we always have that shortcut option.

Islands with big hills can have funny climates so I wouldn't be surprised if the weather on one side of the island is different to that on the other, let alone to Oban's!

Fubar

Guru
When we went to Islay a couple of years back the weather was DREADFUL, ferries were still running - they are hardy souls up there and it takes a lot to cancel ferries, but we just need to play it by ear.

Fubar

Guru
:sad:

I have been having unforeseeable worries about this ride! I think it is because Fubar and Pale Rider are travelling long distances for it so I would feel really guilty if the ferries get cancelled or we get nightmarish weather. I sometimes have to postpone local forum events due to awful weather ...

Example
car_park_in_snow-jpg.20851.jpg

:laugh:

Postponement is not an option for the Mull ride though!

I'm just a worrier - it'll be fine. (Did I sound convincing there? :whistle:)

And thinking about it I am going over with Mrs Fu for a weekend away so (assuming we make it over on the Friday) if for some reason your ferry is cancelled or the weather is totally horrendous it's not the end of the world for me. I will be cycling down to Craignure for 08:30 to meet you so will soon find out if the ferry doesn't arrive even if you can't get word to me - if it comes to that I'll assess my options and may go for a pootle anyway or at worst cycle back up to Tobermory.

I know it's a worry when you organise a ride but most problems will be outwith your control anyway so do not fret! :okay:

Fubar

Guru
Not enough of an overlap between "can afford trip" and "available accommodation"
Especially after I put the Focus in for what I thought was a mininum viable servicing and got hit with an enormous invoice :sad:

Ach that's a shame - maybe next time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ach that's a shame - maybe next time.
Agreed!

I try to get together for a holiday with my sisters at this time every year and we seem to be alternating - one year in the Oban area to visit Scottish family, the following year elsewhere for a change. It looks like we will be going to Devon next year so it might be 2 years before I am in Scotland again, unless my finances improve and I can afford extra holidays, in which case it would be sooner.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm trying to persuade myself to go out for a ride - and it's not even raining here ... so I'm using the washing needing to be hung out as an excuse. :sad: Sad but true ... :blush:

I'm trying to persuade myself to go out for a ride - and it's not even raining here ... so I'm using the washing needing to be hung out as an excuse. :sad: Sad but true ... :blush:
I hear ya Scooshie. I've not been out on the bike since the Hebrides (barring that one time I took it to the LBS for a wallet-smashing)
Every day I say "Definitely tomorrow"
Shall we form a pact of mutual encouragement?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A wise man once told me the hardest movement was from "bed to shed"...

Wonder who that was?
Now let me guess … … hmmm … … oh, I know :hyper: … must have been @Edwardoka !

Managed out and did a few Km, then saw the :rain:, so beat a hasty retreat in an attempt to outrun it. Not too successful, as I got a good soaking along the front at Silverknowes but was doing 38kph most of the way, so it had stopped by the time I reached home and a hot shower. :smile: An hour's ride (25 km) at what I consider to be 'pace' was fine. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Horrendous rain overnight which seems to have improved forecast for today's ride. Now poorish rather than awful!

I am not hungry but will force myself to eat because I skipped brekkie last time and bonked riding round Mull!

See you soon, chaps ...

Top Bottom