Paging CC Ecosse - Mull and Moidart rides, first week of Sept, 2016?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
I am awake and summoning courage to go outside: "Bed to Shed"!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I am awake and summoning courage to go outside: "Bed to Shed"!!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMd4PWU17WIoFTXji8OTPY9ZCerldxX4kHMXYkzOkP6NN4cD90.png

or, special for you
whiplash.gif

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
yer but you are very good going up hills
:notworthy: :laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No big hills for me, @Pat "5mph" - I wimped out of the full circuit and did 16 miles t'other way.

Surprisingly flat, no significant climbing in either direction.

I was also able to sit around outside the hotel in Salen for an hour or so, drinking coffee, smoking cigars, and talking cobblers to anyone unfortunate enough to pass by.

It was then a few easy miles just past Gruline to meet the other two coming from the other direction.

As @Fubar says, weather was a bit grim to start with, but we never got the forecasted dousing and the last few hours were sunny.

Plenty of hills all around, as the pics show - the other two will have done a fair bit of climbing to get to the meeting point - although Colin said the worst one was more draggy than steep.

They earned their cake in Salen on the way back, where we said goodbye to @Fubar.

Colin and I cracked on for the last 10 miles to the ferry.

Just over 32 surprisingly flat miles for me and a useful reminder not to take weather forecasts too seriously.

P1000331.JPG

P1000332.JPG

P1000333.JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff chaps. I thought you were in for a soaking. I recognise all of those roads but have only done bits on the bike. I didn't want to tempt fate by saying but I had both ferries cancelled on my Arran trip earlier this summer. We did qualify for free Calmac carbohydrates, so long was our wait.

Now let me guess … … hmmm … … oh, I know :hyper: … must have been @Edwardoka !
Not I, I would never put my bike in a shed. A bath*, yes, a shed no. Thermal expansion innit

I'm glad our mutual encouragement pact is working, despite sleeping in far later than I wanted to I got out today, headed south through some old stomping grounds in East Ayrshire, but the heavens opened near New Cumnock, and there was no way I was getting over the Mennock Pass (my original goal for the day) and back before my train, so I ended up shivering for an hour in Sanquhar train station :sad:

Who would have guessed that washing bikes in the bath would be such a contentious point? I imagine it's at least one of the many reasons I'm single... :whistle:

Top Bottom