Pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My advice is focus your mind on something completely unrelated to the ride, preferably not some repetitive song you don't like.

jimboalee

Shove needles under my fingernails.
This makes the pain in my legs seem insignificant.

Nah, of course I don't, except the pain in my legs IS insignificant.

Here's a tip.

One evening, when you're at home with the Mrs, lie on the floor face down and ask her to pinch your hamstrings with her long fingernails.
That should get you used to some pain.

Then when you're out on your bike, nothing you can do will come anywhere close to that experience.

jimboalee

jimboalee said:
Shove needles under my fingernails.
This makes the pain in my legs seem insignificant.

Nah, of course I don't, except the pain in my legs IS insignificant.

Here's a tip.

One evening, when you're at home with the Mrs, lie on the floor face down and ask her to pinch your hamstrings with her long fingernails.
That should get you used to some pain.

Then when you're out on your bike, nothing you can do will come anywhere close to that experience.

I was going to suggest dropping your pants and handing her the nutcracker, but thought better of it.

Stop listening to annoying songs.

When in mega pain, I look at the road infront and try and notice stupid things about it, like where repair work has been done, small pot holes, faded paint.

If it's not bad pain, I concentrate on getting a pedalling rhythm going, so i'm counting and forget about it, obviously, not good for time trials, use other method.

lukesdad

Think of all the idiots on here and the rubbish advice they gave you. That should cheer you up :biggrin:

Top Bottom