Pancake day

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
Old fashioned fresh lemon juice and sugar for me.
 

ChrisKH

Veteran
Location
Essex
For those who are too lazy to make the mix yourself, pop down to Lidl and get their pre-mixed batter. Just add milk.
 

Pete

Guest
ChrisKH said:
For those who are too lazy to make the mix yourself, pop down to Lidl and get their pre-mixed batter. Just add milk.
Or: if you can't get to Lidl:
  • 6 oz (160g) plain white flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 pt (0.42 litres) milk
  • Pinch of salt
Beat the eggs into the flour with a fork, add milk slowly and whisk to a smooth batter, stir in pinch of salt, leave to stand for about 1/2 hour before using.
Rocket science?
 

Bonno

Veteran
Location
Tiptree
We have a pancake race in the village tomorrow, along the main throughroad, amazingly traffic stops for the event!.
I think it's usually the mum's that race but as i'm off tomorrow should i go along and let my competetive urges take over and go for gold? !!!! :tongue:
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
ChrisKH said:
For those who are too lazy to make the mix yourself, pop down to Lidl and get their pre-mixed batter. Just add milk.
I remember in my previous life as a shop assistant, we started to sell batter mix one year, it said you had to add "milk and an egg". So, that was just flour, in boxes, right, at four times the price... And it sold like hot (pan)cakes...

I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow, since someone else (Hello Carwash!) is going to be cooking them.

BTW, CW, do you think your other half would be impressed if you tossed a pancake so high it stuck to your new kitchen ceiling?:tongue:
 

Carwash

Señor Member
Location
Visby
Arch said:
BTW, CW, do you think your other half would be impressed if you tossed a pancake so high it stuck to your new kitchen ceiling?:tongue:
No. No, I really don't.

To be honest, I'm still relieved that she managed to laugh off me setting fire to our brand new grill the other day. :biggrin:
 

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Arch said:
I remember in my previous life as a shop assistant, we started to sell batter mix one year, it said you had to add "milk and an egg". So, that was just flour, in boxes, right, at four times the price... And it sold like hot (pan)cakes...

I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow, since someone else (Hello Carwash!) is going to be cooking them.

BTW, CW, do you think your other half would be impressed if you tossed a pancake so high it stuck to your new kitchen ceiling?:tongue:
I'll see your 'batter mix' aka flour and raise you pre-made pancakes, to be heated in a microwave. Over a pound for four! C'mon people, they're not exactly hard.
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
Carwash said:
No. No, I really don't.

To be honest, I'm still relieved that she managed to laugh off me setting fire to our brand new grill the other day. :tongue:
:biggrin:

That wasn't really a fire, that was... a spontaneous excess of grillage.
 

Maz

Legendary Member
I love pancakes. Thanks for the reminder. As a kid I was blissfully unaware of the religious aspect of it, but to this day still stuff myself with pancakes every Shrove Tuesday. Lemon and sugar with mine, please!
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kingrollo Pancake Day ? CC Cafe - General Chat 58
Top Bottom