1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pancake day

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gary r, 4 Feb 2008.

1. gary r

gary r Veteran

tomorrow,dont forget. cinnamon & sugar for me:biggrin:

2. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Old fashioned fresh lemon juice and sugar for me.

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

For those who are too lazy to make the mix yourself, pop down to Lidl and get their pre-mixed batter. Just add milk.

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It'll soon be Easter, this year's going quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Carwash

Carwash Señor Member

Same here. Have you tried lime juice instead though? Much nicer IMHO.

6. Pete

Pete Guest

Or: if you can't get to Lidl:
    • 6 oz (160g) plain white flour
    • 2 eggs
    • 3/4 pt (0.42 litres) milk
    • Pinch of salt
    Beat the eggs into the flour with a fork, add milk slowly and whisk to a smooth batter, stir in pinch of salt, leave to stand for about 1/2 hour before using.
    Rocket science?

7. Bonno

Bonno Über Member

We have a pancake race in the village tomorrow, along the main throughroad, amazingly traffic stops for the event!.
    I think it's usually the mum's that race but as i'm off tomorrow should i go along and let my competetive urges take over and go for gold? !!!! :tongue:

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I remember in my previous life as a shop assistant, we started to sell batter mix one year, it said you had to add "milk and an egg". So, that was just flour, in boxes, right, at four times the price... And it sold like hot (pan)cakes...

I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow, since someone else (Hello Carwash!) is going to be cooking them.

BTW, CW, do you think your other half would be impressed if you tossed a pancake so high it stuck to your new kitchen ceiling?:tongue:

9. Carwash

Carwash Señor Member

No. No, I really don't.

To be honest, I'm still relieved that she managed to laugh off me setting fire to our brand new grill the other day. :biggrin:

10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I'll see your 'batter mix' aka flour and raise you pre-made pancakes, to be heated in a microwave. Over a pound for four! C'mon people, they're not exactly hard.

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

:biggrin:

That wasn't really a fire, that was... a spontaneous excess of grillage.

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

It would be inadmissable of me to let the subject of pancakes go by without a single mention of tossing. :tongue:

13. Maz

Maz Guru

I love pancakes. Thanks for the reminder. As a kid I was blissfully unaware of the religious aspect of it, but to this day still stuff myself with pancakes every Shrove Tuesday. Lemon and sugar with mine, please!

14. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I'll miss it as I have a band rehearsal

15. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

Strange name for a diet :biggrin:

It'll be lemon & sugar on mine :biggrin: