Panettone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've dug out the Hairy Biker's recipe for Pannetone - I plan on giving it a whirl in the coming days, and if I do, will report back. Looks to be a lot less rich (fewer eggs at any rate) than the one I remember baking back in the day, but given there were no eggs at all in Tesco on Wednesday, maybe that's a good thing LOL

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
there were no eggs at all in Tesco on Wednesday,
The egg shortage didn't happen here, plenty of eggs in the shops.
I forgot to tell you @Reynard that I made your ginger bread recipe last year and this year too, very nice, thank you!
Being a multilingual, I often surf YouTube for continental baking.
Just now I'm loving this Swiss chef's recipes, gonna make his Zimt Sterne ^_^

The egg shortage didn't happen here, plenty of eggs in the shops.
I forgot to tell you @Reynard that I made your ginger bread recipe last year and this year too, very nice, thank you!
Being a multilingual, I often surf YouTube for continental baking.
Just now I'm loving this Swiss chef's recipes, gonna make his Zimt Sterne ^_^

Not panicking just yet, I've still five eggs left... Might have to defer an omelette for a bit though LOL

Glad you've made use of the recipe :okay: Shame you're so far away @Pat "5mph", I've got several lovely German cookery books you'd find interesting - including two on nothing BUT lebkuchen... :blush:

Tenkaykev

Guru
With coffee for me but, yes, I'm with you.

It's a form of special occasions treat in this house; christmas morning with a bottle of bubbly for instance. More 'our thing/just what we do' rather than a luxury or whatever.

Mrs Tenkaykev returned from her shopping trip with a Panettone, it was a Sainsbury's "Traditional " and on sale. It's quite good, I had a small slice to taste it, then realised a bit had stuck to the base board so cut a tiny bit more off, my cutting judgement was a bit off and I've now eaten 90 degrees 🤔

yello

I love stollen. Someone I knew once told me that the Aldi stolen was crap, too sweet or somesuch. Could have fooled me. True enough, I'm not blessed with choice around here but Aldi's stollen does it for me.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Glad you've made use of the recipe :okay: Shame you're so far away @Pat "5mph", I've got several lovely German cookery books you'd find interesting - including two on nothing BUT lebkuchen...
I didn't realize you could speak German: that Swiss baker I linked to has some great tricks!
He iced the Zimt Sterne before cutting them out of the rolled dough, then lets the icing dry before baking :becool:

Tenkaykev

Guru
My father was half German. Have to confess, my spoken German is rather rusty these days, but can still read it rather well. :blush:
I seem to have some sort of mental block when it comes to grammar, I struggled with English grammar when I was at school over 60 years ago, and I’m currently struggling with German grammar 🤔 I suppose I need to look for different ways of thinking until it “ clicks “

Top Bottom