Pannier rack, something not right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
This rack was previously fitted to my road bike by the LBS, now put on the hybrid tonight. I've adjusted the silver straps to maximum, and they don't look like they've been trimmed, so why is it sitting at this angle?

Are there different racks for road bikes and hybrids?
image.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think it is just the way that rack will sit on that particular frame, it does seem a way up though with the bottom mounts on the frame you have fitted it to.
Maybe try a rack with adjustable bottom mounts.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Shorter legs would help.

I have a cheapish rack which has adjustable legs, although it doesn't look like yours has.

It might be possible to bolt the straps to the seat post clamp.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
It's a large frame.

Will try it on guard mounts or possibly seatpost clamp.

Is there a better option? I don't take masses when I commute, but my head is spinning with saddle bags, beam racks and fittings required to put on bigger carradice style bags!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Yeah, a GT bike.

Will go look online for longer straps. Not sure I need the capacity of a pannier.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Had a look at the bike and the most straight forward solution would be longer straps. Either they are not called straps or no one sells them - any idea where I could get them online?

boydj

Legendary Member
Rack is made for a bike with 700c wheels, not 26". the suggestion for some kind of clip to allow a different, horizontal connection seems to be the best solution.

Julia9054

Guru
I had exactly the same problem with fitting a standard rack to my Specialized Diverge. I assumed it was because it was an xs frame. Fortunately I had a cheap rack from Lidl in my garage which, with a bit of fiddling, I managed to get to sit level.

Top Bottom