Panniers for Secteur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I would have posted this in the Secteur Owner's Group - but it doesn't exist any more!

My brother and me ride Secteur Elite's and need to get rear panniers before we do LEJOG next year. They need to be as light as possible and waterproof plus obviously they need to work on the Secteur.

Anyone make a recommendation?

Martin

I would have posted this in the Secteur Owner's Group - but it doesn't exist any more!

My brother and me ride Secteur Elite's and need to get rear panniers before we do LEJOG next year. They need to be as light as possible and waterproof plus obviously they need to work on the Secteur.

Anyone make a recommendation?

Martin

I opted for Ortlieb Sport Packers as they are the size I wanted, a bit smaller and lighter but thanks to the opening/ snow cover they are expandable when I need. Being Ortlieb they are also highly robust and waterproof. At the time I also bought them because they had a handy mesh pocket on the front for things like keys but I think they've scrapped that from the latest models.

clearly the best panniers ever made for LEJOG are the ortlieb back roller classics (not the sport packers).

I've never done a LEJOG so I suspect you're right. They're (sports packers) are perfect for my use but for touring I'd want to move them to the front and get the back roller's for the rear. I guess it depends on if the OP is going to be supported or not.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've never done a LEJOG so I suspect you're right. They're (sports packers) are perfect for my use but for touring I'd want to move them to the front and get the back roller's for the rear. I guess it depends on if the OP is going to be supported or not.

We'll be unsupported but plan to travel light - b&b's not tents.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm confused as to what the model of bike has to do with it.

Anyhow, if weight comes into the equation I recommend the altura dryline.

You are probably right - I'm new to this cycling stuff and didn't know if certain racks / panniers were better for different makes / types of bike.

Light = good
Waterproof = good
right size = good (want to travel fairly light, but not sure how many litres capacity that is)

Martin

Top Bottom