Paranoid Android

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Right peeps, I need your help with a computer related quirk. As you know my knowledge of computers falls short of switching on a Sinclair ZX80, you your insight and advise would be appreciated.

I normally surf the web on a newish Samsung Galaxy A9 tablet. Its a nice bit of kit, 4G too so good when out and about.

It comes with samsungs own browser, which works fine but is awkward and unintuitive to use. Therefore, I use Chrome, which is nice and simple, and has the added bonus of syncing with the Chrome on my laptop and desktop too so all my saved book marks are identical across my devices.

To the point. Increasingly, when posting on this forum and one other forum, I am unable to to so. I click in the text box to type my reply and the cursor shows I am there, but does not respond to any typing. Close Chrome and open it again, and things are back to normal.

I've tried reseeting Chrome, deleting and reinstalling the Chrome updates (I can not remove Chrome from the device as it's preinstalled and won't let me) but to no avail.

Any ideas good folks of CC?

Bern.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Install another browser. I recommend Brave browser, it's just like Chrome but has adblock and tracking protection built in.

simonali

Guru
Root it and you can remove what you like. Failing that, you can force stop the app, clear all its data and then disable it which will also hide it and it won't appear in the app drawer. I use Firefox for Android and then add on Decentraleyes and uBlock Origin which block tracking and ads respectively.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cleared cache and cookies?

bluenotebob

Veteran
@Drago - not sure whether It's mentioned above, but there is also (possibly) a very occasional problem with Chrome on a sister website. If you have want fault-free access to Cycle Chat, you're probably better off using another browser. I use Internet Explorer 11 and have had no problems whatsoever.

simonali

Guru
Rooting it isn't always the answer.If you uninstall system apps it's likely your tablet wont work on reboot.Trust me I've been there.

My Android tablet doesn't have Chrome on it. As long as you check which ones are safe to uninstall first there's no problems and like I added, you can always just disable them to hide them from view instead...

Top Bottom