Paris-Brest-Paris 18-22 August 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
By 1500 CET the first 2 waves of the 90hr start were filled (1800 and 1815; 300 each time). I've asked for 1900 - makes the maths easier! I read elsewhere that the earliest starts of the 90hr are a bit 'twitchy' (and there are over 250 starting in each wave every 15 minutes for 3 hours).

Ivo

I can enter from the 28th of Jan as I've a 600 and I've registered. However, the start clashes with the Irish Youth National Road Championships so unless SWMBO looks after him in Cork for that weekend then I'm out :sad:

You can always start the procedure. If you don't complete it by mid june your application will be deleted anyway and someone else can take your place. You might use your deposit though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
By 1500 CET the first 2 waves of the 90hr start were filled (1800 and 1815; 300 each time). I've asked for 1900 - makes the maths easier! I read elsewhere that the earliest starts of the 90hr are a bit 'twitchy' (and there are over 250 starting in each wave every 15 minutes for 3 hours).

The close times on the brevet card was based on the velo speciales start time in 2015. Do not do what I did and write the correct closing time for your start in the card. This almost caused a diplomatic incident at loudeac on the way back.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I plan to be on road bike rather than my recumbent. But will keep my mind open till I can no longer change my start. Not sure what to make of the stubby tri bars and whether they would be worth it. Be nice not to damage nerves in hands like 2015, but managed to avoid damage on last year's 1000.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Be nice not to damage nerves in hands like 2015, but managed to avoid damage on last year's 1000.
I didn't look after my hands during Mille Pennines 2017 (over 74 hours of excellent riding/climbing) and though I think I did no further harm on LEL (3 weeks later) the nerves took a fair time to 'grow back'. Haven't had any further problems eg on WH1000 or Wander Wye 600 last year. I am putting it down to poor gloves on MP1K (Jul 17) and lack of experience (after 16 months since my first audax) awareness of the vulnerability of the ulnar nerves and the merits of avoiding/minimising time when hand positions put pressure there. A pub ride friend has a short reach bar set-up but he's quite young and therefore more amenable to change. New compact bars and stem going on imminently, which should improve my/the bike's 'fit'.
Nice 100 today around Isle of Purbeck.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I didn't look after my hands during Mille Pennines 2017 and though I think I did no further harm on LEL (3 weeks later) the nerves took a fair time to 'grow back'. Haven't had any further problems eg on WH1000 or Wander Wye 600 last year. I am putting it down to poor gloves on MP1K (Jul 17) and lack of experience (after 16 months since my first audax) awareness of the vulnerability of the ulnar nerves and the merits of avoiding/minimising time when hand positions put pressure there. A pub ride friend has a short reach bar set-up but he's quite young and therefore more amenable to change. New compact bars and stem going on imminently, which should improve my/the bike's 'fit'.
Nice 100 today around Isle of Purbeck.

Reminded me still using gloves I used at LEL 2013 and bought in 2012. Maybe time to think about a new set.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Do you have to be in a club to register? It won’t let me complete the form unless I say I’m a member of a club?

Just says form 90% complete

Thanks

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Registered for a 19:15 start (group N). There were places in group B as the earliest 80 hour start with 19:15 being the earliest 90 hour start.

However, it's all conditional on my son not riding his national's in Cork in August.

willy_c

hi,

Newbie here. I did a 600k ride last year (Fenland Friends) but when i try to "enter the number of your longest BRM made between 01/11/2017 and 30/10/2018" - I get "Unknown registration number"

Is there another number other than the Event No: 18-398 that i need to enter?

any help appreciated

Thx!

Top Bottom