Paris-Brest-Paris 18-22 August 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I wasn't to sure if I would enter but as I had a 200 pre registration ride thought I may as well at least try , it turned out to be less traumatic than I thought it would be and I am now signed up for the 90 hour group with a 20:45 start as there were only later start times available . Better get on with the qualifiers then :bicycle:

Paul

After 4 weeks off the bike due to pins and needles down my back,arms and legs and still waiting for the results of an MRI scan to come back without much joy :cursing: I decided "sod it" and rode the Plains 300 as my 200 qualifier which I managed to get round slowly not helped by a headwind all the way back from the turnaround at Newtown,so thats the first one down and on to the Beyond the Dales we know next week .

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My 200 and 300 qualifiers are done now the Skeggy 300 is finished. Llanfair 400 to do next, although I won't know if I'm available to ride PBP until early June.

Although they are qualifiers I still treat each ride as great one in its own right. There's just the added pressure to finish each one if I want to go to PBP. I remember the same in 2015 .

Ivo

If you still have to start from scratch and live in the south-east, the Dunkirk club does a late series and starts it's 200 only on april 28th.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Cheltenham New Flyer 200 and Black Sheep's 'Tewkesbury over the Eppynt and back' 300 have me on my (qualifying) way. Easter Arrow on Friday and then a fortnight and a month before Brevet Cymru and the Bryan Chapman respectively. I will then need to keep things going so may do @Ian H 's Exe-Buzzard in June and want to do the new Super Randonnee (Cambrian 6c) so that's for July.

And that’s me probably out of the running :sad:
Hit by a car on the Llanfair 400km at the Abergele roundabout just after Mcdonald’s on the outward leg no broken bones but a small bleed on the brain is making life difficult :wacko:

Paul

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Bugger Paul, heal well. Maybe you can still come over to Paris and volunteer? Think that is what I will do if my remaining qualifiers go pear shaped. Got the ferry and time booked off anyway.

Thanks all :okay:
The headaches are finally starting to subside and I can now get out of bed for longer than 20 minutes without then spending the rest of the day asleep. All I need to do now is see when the Police are going to release my bike and clothing so I can assess the damage,I know my bib shorts and leg warmers are toast I just can't remember how they got my arm warmers, jersey and jacket off :wacko:
No idea how bad the bike is, hopefully just cosmetic damage but I will probably get the local bike shop to cast an eye over it .

Paul

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good to hear Paul. Hopefully get your stuff back soon.

Just my 600 qualifier to complete now and that's a week on Sat. Being a bit conservative on my qualifiers as I want them to count. But I know I need a decent sleep on a 600 so might up the pace for this last one.

Top Bottom