Paris-Brest-Paris 18-22 August 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
A lot of us will be on the Hutopia campsite in Rambouillet.

Huttopia only appear to allow one dog and don't have a pitch for the full week. We can get 5 days, but not the finish day! Probably need to phone to check. We would prefer my wife didn't have to move the caravan.

Ajax Bay

Guru
K039 starting 1830

Ajax Bay

Guru
Yes - I am pleased not to be 'in the bulge'. My West Highlands 1000 in 2018 allowed me to pre-register and choose a relatively early start time.
I will be fast enough to get well ahead of the bulge by noon Monday and plan a couple of hours snooze then (and still be ahead of the bulge), and press on to - not quite sure - could be Carhaix (521k). Brest is tempting by midnight but 30 hours and 610k seems a bloody long way before a good sleep. On the WH1000 we started at 8pm and I made Oban at 456km in 23 hours, with a 90 minute snooze in the cafe at Campbeltown (as well as stops with food at Comrie (100k), Ardrishaig (sunrise/6am) and Tarbet for a full Scottish. It was not a flat parcours across Scotland and round the Kintyre peninsula and there were no trains.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Guru
I didn't do a qualifier but was ready with my finger itching when they releaed the extra spaces. I think I discovered them and got one before the emails had even gone out. They added some places to each group and I booked 18:30. Then a few day later I got an email saying the group was overbooked and they had bounced me to 19:45. I was mildly annoyed, then thought, a week ago I'd have grabbed anything at all - so I really don't have any cause to complain. I'd hope to work my way forward a bit - but if there are a lot of queues and holdups at controls that might scupper that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
This heavy rain is reminding me what we may get on PBP

Top Bottom