Paris-Nice 2021 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
One assumes they put it back before he continued, else steering those hills would have been incredible pain. As it was, the only televised goof was almost following a deco Nick rider through a gap in the wall towards a ravine. Almost over the wall, too, but only almost.

Was no-one waiting payback for yesterday? Gino Mäder finished 10th on GC, Roglič 15th.
More than likely popped it back in and away you go ! It's not like it slowed him on those descents.
Apparently they waited after first crash and the second one it was game on alleady.
He's a classy rider Roglic who is well liked,even Bouhanni tried to pace him back for a while....
Does he hold grudges....nah.

View: https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/1371142338056183815?s=19

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ouch!!

I was wondering... If a rider had an even more severe wardrobe failure (basically his/her shorts were completely torn off in a crash), did not have time to change them, and insisted on continuing to ride, what would happen? Would race officials find some rule to force them to stop to don new shorts even if it prevented them getting back up to the peloton? Or would the police intervene on the grounds of 'public indecency'? :whistle:

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ouch!!

I was wondering... If a rider had an even more severe wardrobe failure (basically his/her shorts were completely torn off in a crash), did not have time to change them, and insisted on continuing to ride, what would happen? Would race officials find some rule to force them to stop to don new shorts even if it prevented them getting back up to the peloton? Or would the police intervene on the grounds of 'public indecency'? :whistle:
I checked for you and not wearing compliant clothing is a disqualification offence under regulation 2.12.007. Wearing random shorts would be a cash fine, but no time penalty.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I checked for you and not wearing compliant clothing is a disqualification offence under regulation 2.12.007. Wearing random shorts would be a cash fine, but no time penalty.
Thanks.

I suppose if the team car happened to have a spare pair of shorts and you were well organised you might be able to change shorts in a couple of minutes, but that would still mean a long chase to get back to the bunch.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thanks.

I suppose if the team car happened to have a spare pair of shorts and you were well organised you might be able to change shorts in a couple of minutes, but that would still mean a long chase to get back to the bunch.
Dumoulin took them off, did another task and put them back in two minutes, so I reckon donning shorts would be faster than that.

Ouch!!

I would have thought that riding without shorts would create a sufficient aero penalty to make stopping to put some on worthwhile. That might just be me though...

Dumoulin took them off, did another task and put them back in two minutes, so I reckon donning shorts would be faster than that.
On the other hand, Big Tom had some shorts handy for the "donning" - how many team cars carry a pair??
I'm imaging some poor staff member wriggling out of his under-crackers from the passenger seat, then - roadside - pulling them up over Roglic's bleeding exposed ... no, I better stop there! 🤢

(thank god this is a purely theoretical discussion - well, apart from The Dumoulin Incident, anyways ...

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr

Mike_P

Guru
Suspect the multi-panel nature of shorts prevents the chance of inappropriate exposure ever occurring, and the only probability could be in the event of a crashed cyclist falling through trees/shrubs. As for Roglics failed chase back he was also assisted by Victor Campenaerts at one stage.

Top Bottom