Paris - Nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
The Paris Nice Classic starts next week and there is live coverage and highlights on Eurosport. Irish legend Sean Kelly has been the most successful rider winning it seven times. Bobby Julich won it a couple of years ago and apparently rides with elliptical chain rings which is supposed to be more efficient than round ones eliminating the dead zone.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
But Cavendish and Wiggins are out of it, which is a real shame.

yenrod

Keith Oates said:
The only winner will be ASO and at a very distant second will be the sport of cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Keith this is a very interesting scenario.

I only hope for the best.

Its always been the races who've had the power but McQuaid is diggin in good and proper for the UCI this time and only time will deem the answer :biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
CAS will rule on this by Friday evening at the latest. Not that there is much time to change anything starts Sunday.

doyler78

Looks like the winds and the gales that heading for the UK are heading straight for France too so tomorrow should be interesting.

softpeadals

Stage 1
Gale force winds and heavy rain on most of the west and north part of France have forced race director Christian Prudhomme to shorten the stage and transfer the start from Amilly to Sancerre. The new start will be given at 14:30 in Sancerre, 74 kms from the finish in Nevers. Riders will be taken by bus to the new start.

yello

alecstilleyedye said:
it looked more like a saturday club run than a pro road race

Didn't it though! I could have stayed with them for some of that (if you took the wind and rain out of the equation!) I think the average for the total distance was only something like 32kph, but they dropped to around 20kph at one point.

Top Bottom