Paris - Roubaix 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@aguppy you look a bit on your lonesome there, I was expecting big groups. My daughter was aiming to draft the living daylights out of othe riders. I have done Picardie 3 times where it was possible to get into large peletons. Is it not like that on Paris roubaix, am I going to have to work most of the way round?

aguppy

@aguppy you look a bit on your lonesome there, I was expecting big groups. My daughter was aiming to draft the living daylights out of othe riders. I have done Picardie 3 times where it was possible to get into large peletons. Is it not like that on Paris roubaix, am I going to have to work most of the way round?
The groups formed on the road sections..People tended to want to be on their own on the pave..I waited for my wife after each of the pave sections:okay:, it also got busier as you approached Roubaix as the 3 rides combined.

@aguppy probably the reverse problem with me and my daughter, ie she would have to wait for me. She has raced on the cobbles in Belgium and Holland as a youth and Junior and used to be pretty good. However we have already pre-agreed no waiting for each other, we have not ridden with each other since she went to university 2 years ago so have no idea of each others speed. I have also done very little in the way of endurance rides lately. She is determined to kick my butt ^_^

OP
OP
Paul139

Paul139

Veteran
Bad news boys. A couple of things have cropped up and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. :sad: I've still got the hotel booked so IF! things change I've still got somewhere to stay other than that it looks as though I will have to forfeit my entry fee. Oh well there's always next year, and I'm still doing a London to Paris in May :thumbsup:

@Paul139 that's a disappointment , means just me @aguppy and our ladies will have to carry the flag for cyclecchat. I must go out and do more than my commute in preparation soon as I am running out of time. My daughter seems hardly bothered at all, I spoke to her last night and she went out for one ride last week.

Labradorofperception

I put in for this as well.

I've been practising by riding all the slurry covered pot holed back lanes of Shropshire. I'm an unusual sight, in a poo covered Ilkley CC top hereabouts.....

It's the 3:30am start for the bus I am least looking forward to.

Hi @Labradorofperception yes 3:30am start going to be a pain, means getting up at 02:30 probably. Are you self organised or going on a package deal like me? are you staying for the pro race?
On a thing aside the Narnia books are the only ones I have ever read more than twice and I ensured I read them to my kids though they never cottoned onto them the way I did.

Mickthemove

Über Member
l love the cobbles, history with every pedal stroke and tales of hardship long into the night!, i am doing the middle distance of the sportive so in effect Roubaix to Roubaix, and then watch the pros on the Sunday, I am also returning in June for the real deal of 220Km with the original Paris Roubaix Audax, having crashed at 170km 2 year ago, i need to put a few ghosts to bed! #cobbles

Labradorofperception

Hi Harry - self organised. I'm booked into a formula 1 on a Roubaix trading estate - living the dream. I hope to stay for the pro race, frites and Kronenbourg.....

Funny you should say - I opened my wardrobe this morning and a lion stepped out. I asked him what he was doing in there and he replied "Narnia business".

thankyouverymuchI'mhereallweek.

Look out for a short old bloke and short young girl in blue and red Glendene CC kit ( people think its from Scotland not Essex, just it was founded by a Scot, think he was religious as club rides are on a Saturday not Sunday) That Ilkley kit still mainly black?

Labradorofperception

@ Harry.

I'll keep an eye out for you chap.

Yes, mainly black with yellow bands. Paramount / Stans is mostly black and red stripe.

I don;t mind the ride, it's the 3am start for the bus I'm not looking forward to.....

Top Bottom