Paris - Roubaix 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Paul139 The photo's and vids are all from the official site, the vids are free but the photo's are a packet either 35 euros for the lot or 11 for 1. Strangely few photo's of me, shed loads of my daughter.( ok not so strange really)
There are no vids of the first sections of pave which I was hitting at over 20mph, I tended to bomb it between pave faster than most then got overtaken on the pave. I had a bit of a ding dong battle with a Belgian guy my age over around 90 miles of the course where I went past on the road, he went past on the pave. After the 90 mile feed station I went past him again and he said not you again!. People tended to be strung out as the start was set of in semi- waves, my very small wave of 20 turned out to be very pedestrian so I charged off , 4 others followed me ( 1 being the Belgian guy), this put us in a hole over a lot of the first part, the pave broke the group up. Got busier towards the end with the medium course starting at the Aerenburg trench which we thought was bloody silly as its the nastiest piece, at least we got to practice on some easier stuff first.
Found the faster you went the easier it was but once I dropped below 15 mph on the pave I turned into a nodder and it became harder, trouble was I just did not have the power in the legs to keep the pace up the Pave felt like wading through mud.
Our start was not as early as expected, the hotel was only 1.5 hrs away and my daughter had already decided she was just going to enjoy the weather so she bimbled round at a 15mph average so her knee was fine.
Thing I can't now understand is they gave us timing chips and no bloody offical times on the site
@Labradorofperception any idea why there are no official times on the site? should I have picked them up from somewhere at the finish?

Last edited:

Labradorofperception

Hi Harry

Funny - I was thinking the same myself. Sadly my phone died so no Strava. I had to interpolate a rough time from the first cobbles to the finish.

I've also noticed that when it comes to anything French online it's like 1998 called and wanted it's website back

aguppy

@Paul139 The photo's and vids are all from the official site, the vids are free but the photo's are a packet either 35 euros for the lot or 11 for 1. Strangely few photo's of me, shed loads of my daughter.( ok not so strange really)
There are no vids of the first sections of pave which I was hitting at over 20mph, I tended to bomb it between pave faster than most then got overtaken on the pave. I had a bit of a ding dong battle with a Belgian guy my age over around 90 miles of the course where I went past on the road, he went past on the pave. After the 90 mile feed station I went past him again and he said not you again!. People tended to be strung out as the start was set of in semi- waves, my very small wave of 20 turned out to be very pedestrian so I charged off , 4 others followed me ( 1 being the Belgian guy), this put us in a hole over a lot of the first part, the pave broke the group up. Got busier towards the end with the medium course starting at the Aerenburg trench which we thought was bloody silly as its the nastiest piece, at least we got to practice on some easier stuff first.
Found the faster you went the easier it was but once I dropped below 15 mph on the pave I turned into a nodder and it became harder, trouble was I just did not have the power in the legs to keep the pace up the Pave felt like wading through mud.
Our start was not as early as expected, the hotel was only 1.5 hrs away and my daughter had already decided she was just going to enjoy the weather so she bimbled round at a 15mph average so her knee was fine.
Thing I can't now understand is they gave us timing chips and no bloody offical times on the site
@Labradorofperception any idea why there are no official times on the site? should I have picked them up from somewhere at the finish?

What do you use to download the video???....have manged to find mine....on 5 out of the 7 :]
Had a great ride except to loosing the bidon on sector 3 and riding the rest dry!!!....drank lots at the feed stations. It was definately easier if you went faster. No punctures or mechanicals and enjoyed all the sectors except Arenberg.....people were falling off all over, I was just glad to get to the end :]

@aguppy glad you arrived in one piece. Downloading the video seems a bit hit and miss, what you need is the little grey download symbol to appear when you view it on their website . It is the grey down arrow symbol next to the grey share symbol in the top left corner. It sometimes does not appear sometimes does, the share symbol always seems to appear, I have not a clue why but if you hover your cursor around that area at the start of the video it will appear eventually, you may have to start the video a few times.
If you get a decent one post it on here!

upload_2016-4-22_9-40-4.png

Last edited:

aguppy

Have now managed some.....but as u say...very hit and miss!!!.....They are OK...but nothing special:blink:

Top Bottom