Parking ticket machine question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
You have to know when you arrived - but you can always write it down rather than committing it to memory. :smile:

But this is the odd thing, for all the car parks I know that have ANPR or ticket on entry tell you how much you have to pay to escape. No guesswork involved. Pay the money you are told to pay and off you go.

Here in Wales, we are more civilised. Hospital car parks are free, and so they should be, not like the money grabing bastards in England.
WHen I lived in North Wales the local hospital had a huge car park
which was always full
when they checked it turned out that car parking in town was very expensive for people who worked there
so they started driving to the hospital where it was free then a group of 4/5 would get into one car which would drive to town and park

so they started charging to park which made it possible for locals to park in the hospital car park for appointments

then the Assembly said 'no more charging to park'

guess what happened next

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Here in Wales, we are more civilised. Hospital car parks are free, and so they should be, not like the money grabing bastards in England.
For their defence.
Our main hospital is within striking distance of town.
Perhaps no coincidence that during this "free" period it was rammed and I had to double park (technically illegal).

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The next time you go, you drop off Mrs Dave, drive out of the car park and park on the road which leads to the slip road for the expressway. That way you are outside the hospital and can forget about the time.

Edit: I don't know about Halton but the main hospital is used as vaccination centre, even though the Islamic centre, less than 400m away as the crow flies, is also a vaccination centre. That was why the car park has consistently been overflowing. I have been told they have tried to put as much out to Halton as they can because of this, and to keep Halton isolated as much as possible from known Covid patients. But for "routine" patients having to go to the main hospital, parking is far worse than usual.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
This came with my daughter's motobility magazine. It might clear up some of you fears, particularly about over running by 10 mins.

IMG_20221114_195150.jpg

Edit: a bit more research highlighted that the above code of practice is still being debated in parliament, so not yet official. But should you receive a fine, this should support an appeal.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
But should you receive a fine, this should support an appeal.
You will never receive a fine from a private parking company. All they are allowed to do by law is to issue invoices.

But this is the odd thing, for all the car parks I know that have ANPR or ticket on entry tell you how much you have to pay to escape. No guesswork involved. Pay the money you are told to pay and off you go.
North Tees is like this, you need to put your reg in for the ANPR camera and guess how much to pay the machine (in cash too!) but South Tees issues a ticket that you scan and it tells you how much to pay and how long you’ve stayed, can do card and cash payments.

Top Bottom