Parsleybox home delivery meals. Anyone tried them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There is an introductory offer of 10 meals for 20 quid.... so thinking of trying it.
Anyone use them ??
NB
I am not after advice on why I should cook my own......just interested if anyone uses them
Thanks.

Brandane

Legendary Member
There is an introductory offer of 10 meals for 20 quid.... so thinking of trying it.
Anyone use them ??
NB
I am not after advice on why I should cook my own......just interested if anyone uses them
Thanks.
No, but I'm going to check that out later. Thanks for the heads up.
Oh and you should cook your own... blah blah blah... :okay:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
No, but having a look at their site it's a well-chosen selection of stuff that lends itself to that cooking & storage (and looks better than some of the alternatives, on that basis). Worth a try, I'd say, especially at that intro price.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I make sure my very elderly parents have a number of them in the cupboard as a contingency, which they have used from time to time. They're quite complimentary about them.

I've never looked at the ingredients to see exactly what I'm force feeding them (6 month shelf life?) and whilst the portion size is perfect for old people, I think there's occasions I could eat a couple of them for one meal.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No, but I'm going to check that out later. Thanks for the heads up.
Oh and you should cook your own... blah blah blah... :okay:
Just placed my order. The lady offered to replace anything I didn't fancy but tbh it all sounds nice.
With christmas the delivery might be delayed but I can live with that.
Free...6 mince pies.

Just placed my order. The lady offered to replace anything I didn't fancy but tbh it all sounds nice.
With christmas the delivery might be delayed but I can live with that.
Free...6 mince pies.
Do report back Dave - must admit I have always been somewhat dubious about them to say the least.
Have also, from some of the ads, worried about the wellbeing of some of the male delivery drivers - ads that show a distinct gleam in the eye of the female customer.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My Mother in Law tried them for a while but she didn't like them. She said portions were too small (and she's only little and doesn't eat much) so she ended up having to add supplemental veg anyway. They didn't look appetising with one meal ending up a depressing shade of green all over, and they just didn't taste very good to her. She also commented that they were quite salty. You never know though, you might like them and it might have just been that they weren't for her.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My Mother in Law tried them for a while but she didn't like them. She said portions were too small (and she's only little and doesn't eat much) so she ended up having to add supplemental veg anyway. They didn't look appetising with one meal ending up a depressing shade of green all over, and they just didn't taste very good to her. She also commented that they were quite salty. You never know though, you might like them and it might have just been that they weren't for her.
This sounds similar to many of the google reviews I read earlier when I had a look. Quite a few saying the portions were far too small and everything tasted much the same.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it’s not frozen so it must be irradiated which might bother some people.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Yes, we tried them, that was our experience (we are "old people", at 74yo, and not overweight), portion size would have to double or triple to be adequate, IMHO.

If they are claiming a long shelf life then likely it’s irradiated. Check the labelling.
I note this on their web page:
@@
All our meals are prepared in UK kitchens, using high quality ingredients and without the use of unnecessary preservatives. Before cooking, our meals are vacuum sealed using an innovative packaging system to prepare them for the slow steam-cooking process. This keeps the food airtight which prevents the food spoiling. This method means our cupboard-stored meals can be safely stored without the need for refrigeration for up to 6 months, as long as the seal remains intact. Chef's Table by Parsley box, our new range of premium, chilled meals are prepared and cooked in a similar way, and can be stored chilled in a fridge for around 10 days, or in your freezer for up to 28 days.

@@

What's that stuff about "UK kitchens"?
Visions of gingham clad folk of any gender/leanings carefully crafting individual meals in a great network of suburban and rural back-kitchens before tearfully handing their creations over to the parsleybox supply chain. Surely not the case?

Top Bottom