Parsleybox home delivery meals. Anyone tried them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You probably aren't the target demographic however - likely an elderly person not very active, unable to shop easily for themselves who wants something quick and easy to put in the microwave. I doubt they really consider cost per calorie as important in their food choices (any more than I do!)
Indeed. We order them for our 96 year old auntie.........expensive per kg but she enjoys them and they keep her going.

I doubt they really consider cost per calorie as important in their food choices
am sure many old folk do.(ie - not necessarily doing scientific calorie analyses/higher maths but just by sensing how fed they feel after spending whatever)
not necessarily awash with money unless I've missed something.

Last edited:

Tom...

Guru
I'm not sure if anyone follows the UK stock market but this company is struggling financially and is having to continually raise additional funding and diluting their shares, despite having IPO'd only 6 months ago. Share price is down 80% since IPO.

Good morning,
I'm not sure if anyone follows the UK stock market but this company is struggling financially and is having to continually raise additional funding and diluting their shares, despite having IPO'd only 6 months ago. Share price is down 80% since IPO.
If I were to have ever considered them
https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/parsley_box/news/rns/story/w0yklzx
Following its ethos of inclusivity, the Company intends to give its customers the opportunity to become shareholders as part of its plans to float enabling them to share in its next phase of growth.

Would have scared me away, think BrewDog, as would
https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/parsley_box/news/rns/story/r75nyzw
The Group has appointed Simon Russell as Managing Director, responsible for customer service, product development and the day-to-day running of the UK business. .....

Simon, formerly at the John Lewis Partnership in various leadership roles for over 20 years.............

Prior to joining Parsley Box he ran his own retail consultancy advising investors, retailers and start-up businesses on omnichannel strategy, digital transformation and turnaround, growth and financial sustainability.

Ah, isn't that the group that is struggling as it adapts or not to the internet age?

More seriously that suggests to me that the plan is to have a significant presence in supermarkets. Son/Daughter, sure we'll pick up your stuff from Waitrose when we get ours rather than We tried to deliver your order but the driver didn't wait long enough before deciding that nobody was in. This also gets around returns, spoilage in transit and complaints that I can't use your web site, I don't understand it, I don't want to use my card online etc.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom