Party invites and "Dress" themes rant...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cunobelin said:
Cheap no nonsense and perfectly contemporary 70's Costume...........

or rather lack of costume...............

A STREAKER!

If only I could persuade Mrs FF to emulate Erica Roe's finest moments!

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
If only I could persuade Mrs FF to emulate Erica Roe's finest moments!

That was the 80's ;) 1982. And that was without googling, but a lot to do with oggling. :eek:

Keith Oates

Janner
Some time ago when I was in the UK a friend moved into a new house and decided to throw a fancy dress party to 'break the ice' and get to know the neighbours. He invited me to come as well and so I did suitably done up in fancy dress with astick on beard and the works. When I arrived at the house and knocked on his door he opened it and started laughing, I got into the room where everyone was sitting and the only fancy dress was me. Afterward he said to me it turned out to be a good idea because before I came the chatting and talking was very fractured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its also a winner for most parties - Streakers from 0's onwards, and with some body paint it will do as a hippy costume as well.

Friend of mine used to keep an old mac and go as a pervert to any party!

gavintc

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
I'd find it hard to get excited enough about such an invite to drive 5 miles, let alone cycle. I know, I'm a miserable git.

Funnily enough, that was my feeling when the invite popped through the door. But, it was a cracking weekend. The beauty of doing it in a remote location is that it was self selecting in who turned up. Good friends who were reasonably fit and did not mind a 'spot' of rain or discomfort.

gavintc

Guru
Headgardener said:
If it's the Youth Hostel that I'm thinking of at Black Sail then it only accessible on foot.

Yep, that was the one. But they also allow bike access and were content to allow the bikes to stored in the wood shed. We were up there on the very wet weekend when most of UK seemed to suffer floods.

Going out tonight. The code is men casual, women glitzy. Fortunately it's not my problem.

gavintc

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
Going out tonight. The code is men casual, women glitzy. Fortunately it's not my problem.

Situation normal. I live across the road from a large house in central Edinburgh that makes its money through letting out 21 beds for hen and stag parties. The stag parties are typified by overweight beer bellied young men, dressing in jeans and short sleeved shirts. The women on their hen nights are invariably well dressed and have put time and effort into their appearances. Tonight was no exception and 3 taxi loads departed with some fit young women.

gavintc

Guru
Tim Bennet. said:
Worse than fancy dress are the occaisions that demand 'smart casual'. Wtf is that about?

A number of years ago I was invited to dinner at my boss's house. The invite stated 'informal'. Thankfully, I checked - he regarded informal as dinner jacket and bow tie. It was a cracking night watching people arrive in completely the wrong dress and then dash home for a quick change.

Top Bottom