Pasta bugs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
So flour weevils are not the same as Flour moths then?
Apols Spiecher, there are also various Flour Beetles which I should have added (sorry, should never post in haste):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flour_beetle
More here:
http://www.pantrypest.com/flour-beetles.html

Flour/Grain bugs are not my area of expertise other than there are rare occasions of infestations of flour pests that occur from time to time that are cause for serious and urgent action.

In the home, it means a chucking out of all flour/grain based products and a through cleaning.... a bit easier and cheaper than a food premises!

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
In the home, it means a chucking out of all flour/grain based products and a through cleaning.... a bit easier and cheaper than a food premises!

Thanks for the advice.
The area where the box was kept has been given the once over and now sparkles like never before. We do have flour elsewhere in a separate cupboard, most of which is still in sealed bags. Necessary to throw that out too ?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks for the advice.
The area where the box was kept has been given the once over and now sparkles like never before. We do have flour elsewhere in a separate cupboard, most of which is still in sealed bags. Necessary to throw that out too ?
Just check carefully for movement! I'd assume they're OK as they're not from the same source or storage from the Pasta. That's no guarantee though if anything got in before sealing.

These posts need sifting through, some of them are half baked at best.
Can we help you?
You do realise there is a serious conversation going on here, don't you? Sorry I'm being a bit pici, but I hope the penne has dropped by now...even though the posts have made some people a bit gigli...
Anyway, it's a load of bolo
gnaise.
Sorry, that's a bit saucy.
(Are we done now? :smile: If not, I'm inventing a new pasta shape called 'pitifulli')

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have had the pleasure of weevils in an old tub of flour, found down the back of a cupboard. It really freaked out Mrs Salad, who chucked away everything in the cupboard. Including unopened tins.....

:laugh: i dont think they could get into tins i had them once. I must admit it freaked me out as well.

Top Bottom