Pavement cyclist obeying red light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tynan said:
I use a bell, now and then it has a use, it's the classic sound of a cycle to most people, and it's a nice low key warning of the presence of a bike

shouting covers the other times

I've got two motorcycle horns and they work absolutely brilliant.

Also are great when a motorist toots his horn (ooer) I usually reply back.:rolleyes:

The Mile End Road boy racers love it.:rolleyes:

I don't know how long it will last (the bike only done 970miles) but the audible clicking from the capagnolo freehub on the road bike is great for alerting peds.

I've got a bell fitted to the commuter, I find it next to useless sometimes but it stops the argument from peds "you haven't got a bell!"

BentMikey said:
Check out the dude with the broken arm:

http://www.skatevideoslive.com/inline-speed-koeln-cologne-inline-marathon-2005.html

Quite a few exciting attacks on that video.

xx( Blimey!! I knew you were a skater Mike, but I didn't realise that they could hit those sort of speeds! How fast do they go and how far are the races? Do you race yourself? Also how well do these skates deal with bad road surfaces?

Wouldn't be for me, I'm afraid as I'm not sure how my dodgy knee would hold up!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm not quite as fast as that, my two best times are Berlin in 1:18 or so, just over 20mph average. Most big races are marathon distances, 26.2 miles, but there are other distances. Skates don't cope well with rough surfaces.

Top Bottom