Pavement rules for cyclists answers needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't see how this follows from what I said. We all agree, and it's been said many times before, that the pedestrians have priority. But it makes it nicer for the cyclists if they stay on "their" side of the path. Some pedestrians do this, out of politeness.
Say all you like, the lived experience is that on shared use paths on B'ton seafront, pedestrians, who once had free rein over that entire "pavement", do not have priority. And it makes it much nicer for the pedestrians if the heads down arse up cyclists don't shout at them and generally behave rather like bullying motorists treat bike riders on the road.

vickster

Legendary Member
I d I tend to stay away from them if I can, usually only ending up on them when I have had to resort to google maps for a route to my destination.
Apart from when I drag you down that nice gravelly dirty (but wide) one between HC & Kingston ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Walking is allowed there too, yet you're not complaining about motorists on it honking their horns and wanting to come by if you use it. Why are only cyclists in cycleways singled out for this hate, even by other cyclists?

If a motorist bullies another road user, and I'm aware of it, I call it out. But your example is whataboutery of the first order.

Why do cyclists seek to excuse bullying behaviour by other people on bikes? For the record I am not a cyclist.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If a motorist bullies another road user, and I'm aware of it, I call it out. But your example is whataboutery of the first order.

Why do cyclists seek to excuse bullying behaviour by other people on bikes? For the record I am not a cyclist.
It looked to me awfully like you were seeking to excuse bullying of cyclists by whataburger of the first order in pointing out existence of a nearby road.

Why do you insist on walking on the narrow strip shared with cycling instead of the vacant acres where it's prohibited? It seems like obstruction of the highway.

Edit: that's an autocorrect but I've left it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It looked to me awfully like you were seeking to excuse bullying of cyclists by whataburger of the first order in pointing out existence of a nearby road.

Why do you insist on walking on the narrow strip shared with cycling instead of the vacant acres where it's prohibited? It seems like obstruction of the highway.

Edit: that's an autocorrect but I've left it.
Keep digging.

Meanwhile I'll continue to slow right down when using that shared space and stick to the road when I want to make progress.

Top Bottom