PBP Qualifying events - the full list and who's riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
Yeah, you do.

The fords? Apparently 1/2 dozen riders fell in!
Remember the fords couldn't name the section they were on though.

Think my entry is all confirmed up until today I could change start times etc. but think they are set now. I'm in the 90hr going off at 17:30.
I did keep thinking whether to change it to he 84hr so that I'd have an early morning start but it's such a long ride I doubht it'll matter too much to me.

marcusjb

May, or may not, be of interest to riders planning PBP, especially for the first time!

My packing list part 1 is online:

https://marcusjb.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/paris-brest-paris-2015-my-packing-list-part-1-clothing/

Part 2 will probably be of more interest as that's the stuff that can really help out with hygiene, mechanicals, feeding etc. I will put that together this week as I plan to ride WCW next weekend as I will ride PBP.

https://marcusjb.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/paris-brest-paris-2015-my-packing-list-part-2-stuff/

Part 2 for those who are interested! Slightly delayed due to work pressures, but there it is. I carried everything on WCW600 last weekend as if I were riding PBP and it worked pretty well. I still can't decide whether to carry my hefty (but pretty waterproof) jacket, or a water 'resistant' tiny thing, or buy a new, but less bulky and heavy waterproof). Other than that - I think I am about there.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Most folk should have qualified now. The last chance 600s are next weekend (20th June). I'm running (and riding) the Buzzard from Leighton Buzzard. There are 82 entries, though I doubt I'll get anywhere near that number actually riding.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Ferries booked. Allowing two gentle days to Paris and two to return afterwards.

Trickedem

Guru
Well I have qualified and my entry is registered. I am on the 18:00 start with @redfalo
I am travelling over to France on a ferry from Dover, followed by a TGV into Paris, arriving early afternoon. All I need to do now is keep the fitness up.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Well I have qualified and my entry is registered. I am on the 18:00 start with @redfalo
I am travelling over to France on a ferry from Dover, followed by a TGV into Paris, arriving early afternoon. All I need to do now is keep the fitness up.

I'll ride from London to Newhaven on August 13 (Thursday), where I'll take the 1830hrs ferry to Dieppe. Will spend the night at Dieppe and then ride to St. Quentin (about 180km) on Friday.

marcusjb

^+1

I wouldn't rush back to do it if it were any other 1000km+ event. The route isn't ever so exciting, the scenery fairly dull (though there are some very nice bits).

But, the experience. People cheering you along everywhere is amazing. You'll have cries of "bonne route monsieur" ringing in your ears for days.

There's bits that will make you quite emotional on just how much it all means to everyone in that part of France! The little kids clammering to carry your food tray at whichever control it was last time - that got me right in the heart. I nearly had something in my eye.

The postcard man - awesome.

It's the best experience on a bike and there's nothing quite like it. I am rather hoping that I will pay more attention to it all second time around and join in more of the festivities!

Okay do we have a definitive list of CycleChat starters for PBP ? Good luck to all those that have qualified and looking forward to the tales of daring do and audaciousness when you all get back .

Paul

goody

Veteran
I'm in. Trying not to worry about my lack of mileage recently, disruption to the ferries, whether I am taking too much or not enough gear.
Also how easy is the course to follow is there a gpx file of the route anywhere? Not sure waht I'm looking forward to most, riding the event or completing it and being back home in my own bed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm in. Trying not to worry about my lack of mileage recently, disruption to the ferries, whether I am taking too much or not enough gear.
Also how easy is the course to follow is there a gpx file of the route anywhere? Not sure waht I'm looking forward to most, riding the event or completing it and being back home in my own bed.

Apparently the route is very well marked out.

Check out the PBP thread on the YACF forum for more information.

Top Bottom