PBP Qualifying events - the full list and who's riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcusjb

Routechecking the Severn Across 400

Lovely ride marred by some tricky weather and being totally out of shape (I rode about 450km by the time I had got out and back home - that is almost as much as I rode in the entire month of April!). My real lack of miles this year began to make itself known!

Lots to do to get around the French ride comfortably. Hopefully should be able to get the miles in now.

All recovered really - slightly sore, but nothing is properly broken.

Trickedem

Guru
I've done my 200 & 300. Moors and Wolds 400 in 2 weeks time, then WCW. After failing to finish WCW last year, just qualifying will be an achievement.

PpPete

Legendary Member
2 x 200
2 x 300
1 x 400
All with portions of significant headwinds, or serious precipitation, or both

How hard can a French 1200 be if you can get through the worst that Wales has to offer?

goody

Veteran
Did the Severn Across on Saturday, found it really tough. Rode on my own for near enough the whole ride lots of wind and rain in the morning. First 400 had some low points wondering whether Audax is for me. Fell a bit better about it now, WCW next might approach it as two 300's with a longish break in the middle.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Did the Llanfair PG on Saturday. Lots of headwind and the first half on my own, plus some of the second half. Rode with others from Colwyn Bay, which was really helpful. Also, I know now I can ride through the night.

Next is the 3 Coasts 600 on 20/21 June.

Did the Severn Across on Saturday, found it really tough. Rode on my own for near enough the whole ride lots of wind and rain in the morning. First 400 had some low points wondering whether Audax is for me. Fell a bit better about it now, WCW next might approach it as two 300's with a longish break in the middle.

OK, close to me, I think - but I bet you got round faster than me. Congrats, anyway. I now have a 200,300 and 400 done, just WCW to go. I definitely know audax is not for me, but I like a challenge. :smile:

More detailed ride report https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=87222.msg1860048#msg1860048

goody

Veteran
Good report jefmcg well done for getting round especially after the fall. Feel a bit better about the whole thing now I've had a couple of days to recover and read some other reports. I think I went into this one expecting it to be easier than it was and to finish by between midnight and 2am (which I didn't!). Learned lots of lessons on this one. If any of the organiser are on here many many thanks! And thanks for the coffee at the end if that was you serving Marcus!

PpPete

Legendary Member
Who else is doing the Bryan Chapman Memorial as their 600?
One of those enduring classics of the Audax calendar - once described to me as "only a tour of Snowdon..(extended pause for comic effect and bafflement as to how that can be 600km)...but starting from Chepstow"

marcusjb

Top Bottom