Peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
I believe (don't mock if I'm wrong) that peanuts are not nuts but beans. Therefore peanut butter on toast is really beans on toast without the sauce.
Their legumes.

The Aldi almond butter is quite tasty.
I usually have peanut butter on multigrain or granary bread but it is one if those things that just goes well with squishy square white bread. The others being marmite and leuttice, crisp and tomato ketchup and of couse fish fingers.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Content warning ...

There was a BBC series many years ago called Tenko, about a group of Western women in a Japanese internment camp in 1942. In one scene, the women are sent to clean out the latrines as a punishment. It was, er, very realistic. When asked in an interview how they set the scene up and what they used as the, er, stuff they had to scrape out, one of the actresses (Stephanie Beacham?) said "oh, it was quite pleasant; we used crunchy peanut butter!" Genius, when you think about it.

I can never see PB without thinking of this. Having said that, I love the stuff and I only limit the amount I have because I am trying to lose weight and it is very high in calories. PB and 'jelly' (jam) sandwiches are the food of the Gods, a wonderful sweet/savoury mixture. And thick, crunchy PB on toasted sourdough is .. beyond wonderful.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
For a cycling energy boost, I heartily recommend PB spread on Soreen malt loaf. Every food group known to science, right there in your sticky fingers.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Tried it in my porridge a few years ago while camping, think it was basic smooth Sun Pat brand.
Not bad at all.

Can't get enough. Nothing beats a peanut butter and jam sandwich. Alas out comes the spoon and it don't last long. I have been trying tigernut "butter" recently. Superb, although you do have to stir it for while. I often add peanut powder to my smoothies as a change from vanilla protein powder.

Love it.
In fact it's a key part of my home made cycling energy snack.
So have done some serious miles on it.
Way better than the stuff you can buy.

Top Bottom