Pedal for Scotland 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In 2010, the rules stated clearly that you weren't to ride back along the path the wrong way into oncoming riders. Has it changed this year? I say this becuase I nearly collided with someone doing exactly as you mention, and guess what, they treated me like I was the one in the wrong..... :rolleyes:

Good luck cycling against a constant stream of kiddies et al, I doubt you'll be terribly popular though.
I rode on the road after finishing but I know what you mean on the cycle track.See some neds with dogs and not on the leash if I remember rightly :sad:

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
I rode back last year, its not a problem riding on the road as long as you avoid the short bit of cyclepath in Edinburgh - wish the organisers would change this section, it is always far too congested even when everyone is going in the same direction

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm wanting to enter the 47 mile ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh, is it too late to enter?

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
I'm wanting to enter the 47 mile ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh, is it too late to enter?

i dont think so, although probably best to enter before the weekend so there is time for them to send out your number rather than have to pick it up

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi all!
I have just found out I'm off on the day of the ride, will enroll tomorrow :hyper:
I am pretty sure I could ride it back to Glasgow if I take my time, but I don't know the way on the road.
I have read the previous threads, understand you are not allowed to cycle back the way you came.
Vanilla, are you up to cycling back with me, or shall I book on the transport to Glasgow? :hello:

Top Bottom