Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's a good plan!
Yes I did thanks, everything was still attached to it! Not been back out on it yet though, will try and work up the courage this weekend. I got a Garmin 500 for my birthday this week so I guess I am going to have to make use of it now!
Working crazy shifts at the moment, when work's a bit quiet will devise a local hilly route on my Garmin 200 :becool:
We could alternate my training route with yours, Hamilton is only a few miles from Rutherglen, but I think there are more hills my way:smile:
Really wanna do this sportive next year, might even get a road bike for it :biggrin:

Booyaa

Veteran
Working crazy shifts at the moment, when work's a bit quiet will devise a local hilly route on my Garmin 200 :becool:
We could alternate my training route with yours, Hamilton is only a few miles from Rutherglen, but I think there are more hills my way:smile:
Really wanna do this sportive next year, might even get a road bike for it :biggrin:
Could be good, I'm currently banned from Ruggy at the moment though, the last twice I have been there I have had a seizure!! Once one the bike and when I was walking through it to the train station. Bad joojoo for me in Rutherglen at the minute!

Pat "5mph"

Could be good, I'm currently banned from Ruggy at the moment though, the last twice I have been there I have had a seizure!! Once one the bike and when I was walking through it to the train station. Bad joojoo for me in Rutherglen at the minute!
Uh uh, must be the stress of seeing the cycle lanes on Main Street full of parked cars.
Nae worries, I shall device a route starting from a 20% incline in Burnside leading up to East Kilbride :crazy:

doddy73

Über Member
Uh uh, must be the stress of seeing the cycle lanes on Main Street full of parked cars.
Nae worries, I shall device a route starting from a 20% incline in Burnside leading up to East Kilbride :crazy:

Love it! I knew I'd get you training on that hill one day Pat. come up to EK and I'll take you on a nice wee 40/50 miler.... show you the hills up through Moscow and the moors.

Col5632

Guru

Do it :cycle:

Pat "5mph"

Love it! I knew I'd get you training on that hill one day Pat. come up to EK and I'll take you on a nice wee 40/50 miler.... show you the hills up through Moscow and the moors.
Ahhh ... that hill!:ph34r:
I'm feared of going down it, never mind up :laugh:
Managed till the first lamp post so far, need to try early in the morning when there are no cars about.
Been to the Eaglesham moors via EK, on the 5 speed bike.
Rode some, walked some, a roadie speeding by told me "you're doing well, hen!" :biggrin:

Col5632

Guru
The ladies group wants to go for a velodrome taster: wot I hear? Clipped in, on a fixie, no brakes??? :B)

Defo do it Pat, I've done the first 3 sessions and you will love it :smile:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Probably doing it but I'll see how I get on with the 75 mile one round the Trossachs in June before I decide which route on PfS

Weeloubylou

Its my first yr doing the sportive, most definitely looking forwards to it and really hoping its quieter with less traffic cones than the 47 mile one. :welcome::cycle: Ps how do get rid of the wee emotions if you press the wrong ones

Top Bottom