Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Remember James is the guy who cycled from his house to the SECC but then couldnt remember how to get back from there :laugh:

Glasgow confuses me :crazy:

Fubar

Guru
Just wanted to say a wee thanks for all the tips and advice I picked up here before Sunday's PfS. I really enjoyed the whole thing. We set off at 8.30 (dead on our allocated time) and had a really great ride. I may well have been one of those newbies to group cycling that got in the way of some of you more experienced cyclists :tongue: but I found the camaraderie superb ( I also found the cakes at Avonbridge superb...) The only bit we didn't enjoy were those last few miles along the cycle path and through the residential streets. Just too busy there and I felt a bit sorry for the walkers and runners!
I also agree with what someone else said about it being a lot to pay for a cycle that you could go and do yourself on a Sunday morning, but for me it was worth every penny. I was buzzing for ages after, and I think that was really just down to being a part of, and finishing, a big fun event alongside so many other cyclists of all shapes, sizes and abilities.

Told you... :whistle:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
i had considered doing the middle distance one...glad i didnt now...considering the sportive next year is it less conjested

Rasmus

Without a clever title
The sportive is a a lot less congested. You set off in smaller groups - I think about 30-40 people, altough I don't know for sure as I was in the first group... There's also no narrow cyclepaths at any point. On my ride the highest density of cyclists was on the two main climbs, but these are very quiet and decently wide roads, so there was no issue, and everyone spread out safely on the descents.

I actually found myself wishing for more congestion a few times, where I had found myself alone exposed to some wind.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The sportive is a a lot less congested. You set off in smaller groups - I think about 30-40 people, altough I don't know for sure as I was in the first group... There's also no narrow cyclepaths at any point. On my ride the highest density of cyclists was on the two main climbs, but these are very quiet and decently wide roads, so there was no issue, and everyone spread out safely on the descents.

I actually found myself wishing for more congestion a few times, where I had found myself alone exposed to some wind.
I'll chum you next year

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'll chum you next year
I want to do the sportive next year too :smile:

doddy73

Über Member

Spot on, it couldn't be less busy, we left just before the close of the start around 7:15. Along the way there was never more than 5 or 6 near us. The food stops were a lot quicker also.

Great event!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well the plan had been to do it this year, barring any worsening of the health and me actually being able to cycle, I will do it next year, I think the sportive as well!
Let's start training :hyper:
Did you get your bike back from the Rutherglen polis?

Top Bottom