pedal just pushes cleat back out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma

Über Member
I am having this problem everytime I am out riding where I clip in on the left pedal and its in but the right pedal just pushes the cleat back out every time I push down. I have bought new cleats to see if it was them but its not the pedal tension is on its slackest.

has anyone had this before.

potsy

Rambler
Try tightening the tension and see if it makes any difference.

Or try the right shoe in the working left pedal at the same tension, that will rule out the cleat being the problem.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is the moving part of the pedle fully closed?
Compare with the other, look at the side of the cleat release part.does it sit tight to the pedal main body.
move the release part to see if it sticks open slightly

These chaps can be finicky in the way they close. I suspect the yellow bit. (If you are using the yellow version, that is.) It gets a lot of wear as soon as you start walking about and can become detached from the front lip of the cleat. This holds off the cleat and stops it closing. (I had to rip bits off mine this morning at the club meet, to get them to engage properly.) Give the front lip a close examination. The rear lip is less sensitive. It can be worn down to almost nothing and still work OK.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
I have it sorted guys just got to put my foot vertical to the floor then push down hard

Top Bottom