Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Pedal on Parliament 2 - the feeder ride - Sunday 19th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Me and pedal pusher met pats group in Linlithgow, they are having a coffee me and pedal pusher are at the train station

Also the rain seems to have taken away my clicking problem

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
My strava says my climbing was same Ish height as the fife loop, amazing difference lack of wind makes, would never have guessed that.

Another grand day out lads, really good meeting even more new folk, and all that without cake. Hope everyone got home safe and well.

merclaar

Regular
I'd like to thank the lovely lady on Specialized tricross (Joanna, I think) for letting me take the only bike space left on the train - I hope you managed to get on the next one :smile:

Marta

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Today's pictures here go find yourselves!
Us girls had a fantastic time, sneaked away early to catch a train back to Glasgow before the bike rush.
It happened like that: we heard Magnatom's voice thundering, we took off :biggrin: Was there not meant to be cake btw?
I missed out on the PoP tee shirt, because I could not find the stall :sad:
Great to meet @tug benson and @Pedal pusher, who introduced himself to a non CChatter Belles on Bikes lady with his forum name ... she was like ... erm, ok then! :laugh:
It took us 7am starters about 6 hours 15 min riding time to get to the city. Not bad considering we had 2 girls never rode on road before.
I was stressed: had to be leader as I was the only one done the route before, had visions of the girls squashed at the roundabouts, fog made visibility scarce, did not bring my powerful commuting front light because who would have thought about a foggy day on the 19th of May? :wacko:
I learned today why they moan in commuting about others being close to ones back wheels: it's :sweat:
@Rasmus was the perfect gentleman, getting up early to see us off at an ungodly hour :smooch:
I heard he's a great group leader :thumbsup:
Sadly the 10 o'clock starters had an accident en route, a lady got badly injured crashing with a car.
We knew of this because the wife of one in that group was riding with us.
Hope the lady is going to be ok, they were a group of about 20 that choose a faster but busier route.
Goodness, even in the empty country side roads drivers are bonkers: I got almost rammed into by a guy's trailer, another couple close passed me on the way to Avonbridge.
Never mind, all in all a great day, cheers Rasmus for organizing it.

Another cracking ride with the CC Ecosse crowd, great to see those I'd met before and a few new faces too! A little bit :rain: for the bulk of the ride through, but that's not enough to stop a hardy bunch like us enjoying the journey (helped no end by @merclaar 's delicious chocolate brownies!) and it did brighten up in time for our arrival in Auld Reekie, so all's well that ends well! The sight of all those cyclists at the meadows and the parliament was something to behold and hopefully it will give the politicians the kick up the backside they need to invest the cash needed to get more people cycling and make it safer for those who already do (though after the heckling he got, I think the environment minister is probably sticking pins in a cyclist shaped voodoo doll as I type this) :smile:

Ambition/bravado got the better of me and I started to cycle back to Glasgow with @Rasmus and @mr messy (along with @Louch, @Pedal pusher and @tug benson). Unfortunately my knee, which was a bit sore at Edinburgh, gave up the ghost shortly before Linlithgow and I had to get the train back from there - thanks to Louch for hanging back for the last few miles as I limped my way back to Linlithgow (hope your knee isn't too sore after your tumble...)

A couple of trains later, I got back to Anniesland and I just demolished a fish supper in approximately two minutes flat (think I built up a bit of an appetite!) :smile:

Oh and apologies for my squeaky shoe/rubbing mudguard :blush: (I promise to fix it before the next ride!)

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Well I am officially utterly knackered. I'm questioning the sanity of the "ride back" decision...

http://app.strava.com/activities/55160068 - outbound
http://app.strava.com/activities/55160064 - inbound

Great day out though, in spite of the less than impressive weather on the way over. It was good to see a number of new faces - hopefully a few of you will be interested in one of our CC Ecosse rides.

I said hi to HJ at the meadows, but didn't spot Telemark. I'm guessing the cyclechat jersey we spotted with the marshal bib on top was goo_mason?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Forgot: who was the cycle chatter marshalling on top of - heymarket, I think it is, after you turn right on top of the hill .. erm ...
He had a radio, a cchat jersey on.

Top Bottom