Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Pedal on Parliament 2 - the feeder ride - Sunday 19th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louweazel

Well I am officially utterly knackered. I'm questioning the sanity of the "ride back" decision...

http://app.strava.com/activities/55160068 - outbound
http://app.strava.com/activities/55160064 - inbound

Great day out though, in spite of the less than impressive weather on the way over. It was good to see a number of new faces - hopefully a few of you will be interested in one of our CC Ecosse rides.

I said hi to HJ at the meadows, but didn't spot Telemark. I'm guessing the cyclechat jersey we spotted with the marshal bib on top was goo_mason?

I would like to have tried to keep up on the way home but I didn't want to get back to food too late. It also seemed like the way back was mostly very experienced road cyclists and I'd have dragged the standard down a wee bit.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I would like to have tried to keep up on the way home but I didn't want to get back to food too late. It also seemed like the way back was mostly very experienced road cyclists and I'd have dragged the standard down a wee bit.
2014 target set :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Chapeau :bravo: to all the CC fraternity and sorority who rode form all points outwith Embra and the hard core badass nutcases dedicated ones who rode all or part way back again ! :training:

Serious Respect ! :thumbsup:

I was positioned near the front, chatting with Telemark and saw Tug et al over to my right - but never saw Pat and her team ! :cry: Put a few faces to names and great to meet more CycleChatters. :highfive:

Well Done, Pat, for getting up so early, leading a group all the way to Edinburgh - without loosing anyone ! :wahhey:

Telemark and I even had some CAKE left over !!!! :eek:

Well done everyone and it was a great day ^_^

Col5632

Guru
Gutted I missed it, sounded like a great day, had a terrible day on the bike yesterday, back tyre decided to come away from the rim, managed to limp home from dollar but btwin tyre needs replaced after only 600 miles :/

fimm

Veteran
If anyone spotted a woman on a Brompton in a black coat and a bright pink hat - that was me!! I didn't think I was going to be able to go - but I did!:wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It was great to meet some of your our Alloa contingent yesterday - it was a great day. Hopefully see you all again some time.
You're in now, so FTFY !
:hello: @isersmalone and :welcome: to CycleChat !

Keep your eye on this CC & Informal Rides section, where we post up CC Ecosse Forum rides - we'll be getting back to some sensible rides, not this Round-Arran-up-and-down-every-hill-twice-before-breakfast stuff ... :rolleyes:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Forgot: who was the cycle chatter marshalling on top of - heymarket, I think it is, after you turn right on top of the hill .. erm ...
He had a radio, a cchat jersey on.
If you meant at the junction of the High Street and North Bridge - it was @goo_mason, who, of course, managed to find the CAKE :hungry: later ... he's an 'experienced' CC member :laugh:

snorri

Legendary Member
I've just got home, good to hear you all got there and back without mishap, although some a bit more tired than others!
I waited at Inverkeithiing for the Fife feeder run in the hope of being guided in to the Meadows. They arrived on time but then all whizzed off into the fog never to be seen again. However, I was one of a group of four ably led by John from Inverkeithing who even guided me back north via Dalmeny estate.
A good weekend, lucky the event was moved to Sunday, Saturday was rather damp.
Met a few folk I knew, but missed a few as well.:smile:

Top Bottom