Pedal on Parliament UK - National Funeral for the Unknown Cyclist - 13th of October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
A cursory glance at the titles of a lot of the threads in this sub-forum further reminds me that much more needs to be done in the UK to encourage cycling as a sustainable and safe method of transport for the masses. Also I just had a look at Road.CC and found this article citing research by the government that almost two thirds of those surveyed think cycling on the roads is too dangerous in this country.

If you feel that the UK needs to invest in infrastructure to allow for safer cycling, please consider attending the Pedal on Parliament protest which will be happening on the 13th of October, details of which can be found here.

37791685_10216218340355326_6012766644588249088_o.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at the protest :smile:

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Here in Scotland, we have had a Pedal on (the Scottish) Parliament for the last 7 years.
To be honest, I don't think it has made much difference in my area, still, I attend every year.
https://pedalonparliament.org/

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd like to think it would do some good, but the car driving masses won t care, and it'll be fed to the Daily Mail reading majority that we're being hysterical. Good luck to them though.

I didn't realise it was a 'die in'. I though it was a pile of bodies left over from Chris Grayling dooring incidents.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The Scottish one is not a "die in" ... we are quite lively, if a bit vocal :whistle:
No drink is involved, PoP is a family event :angel:

aj101

Did anyone else go on this today? I went and thought it was brilliant, the fact that it had a horse drawn funeral carriage was very well put together
There must have been a good couple of hundred people on it, not bad for a Saturday in the middle of London. Saw lots of different types of bikes, and riders, including quite a few kids with their parents. Great day out and even better to come home and see it had been on the London BBC news along with the campaign aims (£3B for cycling per year)
Took a few pictures, lots more here http://bikesy.co.uk/features/every-day-cycling/we-went-on-a-bike-demo-in-london/

stop-killing-cyclists-procession3-e1539461755279.jpg

Top Bottom