Pedal replacement for Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

This pedals holder could be interesting option as should accept any quick release pedal no matter the system.

brommieinkorea

MKS removeable pedals (ez and superior) come with a little drawstring bag to transport them, works great to keep grease and/or dirt out of your bike's bag. I've had the non-folding pedal fail on a couple of Bromptons and just replaced them both. The MKS Allways has great traction and works well for my wide feet.

Drago

Legendary Member
Forgive me resurrecting an oldish thread.

I use the Litepro QR pedals on my Intercity Disc 9 and find them superb. Standard folding pedals, even the quality ones, fold disconcertingly under my fat lardy barstewardness weight and the Litepro ones with the cro mo axle are solid as a rock. I have a small rack bag so chuck one in each side pocket.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I ordered a very cheap pair from fleabay to replace very slippy pedals on a secondhand dahon.
I wonder how long before they fail…
However they are grippy.
1679737140391.jpeg

Avoid - flexy and hateful fold - gloves required !

Not a replacement, but I do remember some enterprising individual offering a plastic or resin extension to the folding pedal, to give a bit more foot room. Size is my only criticism of it but I do have big feet.

FF1087

I find Brompton pedals to be OK but I always wish for something better and probably grippier too. Does anyone have experience with upgrading pedals on Brompton? There are some models with quick release, but then where to store removed pedal. Any good upgrades with foldable design?

MKS FD-7 folding pedals, imo, better than the Brompton folding pedals. The pedal is totally flat, unlike the Brompton pedal, when unfolded.

Top Bottom