Pedalflow Micro Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
People go fairly long distances on skateboards and scooters and this may be easier than pushing along with your foot. Going down a steep grade with only a coaster brake could be a little hairy, though.

OP
OP
Sixmile

Sixmile

Veteran
What's the ride like? It looks mental!

Its a workout for sure. I did 4 miles on it last night and knew I'd been for a ride. It's serious craic but not sure if that's just the pure novelty of it. I can't see me riding to work on it but certainly I plan to keep it in the car to do those last mile journeys or ride from the edge of town to avoid traffic, parking charges etc.

Don't bicycles legally need two independent braking mechanisms over here?

The instructions state numerous times 'this is not a bicycle' but what is it then?

People go fairly long distances on skateboards and scooters and this may be easier than pushing along with your foot. Going down a steep grade with only a coaster brake could be a little hairy, though.

I wouldn't take it on a mad downhill but the coaster is surprisingly effective slowing momentum down slopes. If I ended up at a big hill, I think I'd walk down the steepest parts

figbat

Slippery scientist
Might've found an answer on this one.

The two-brake rule only applies to bikes where the saddle is 635mm or more above the ground.
Interesting - I've never seen that definition before. Perhaps they assume that a lower saddle means that simply putting feet down is an available braking option?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Interesting - I've never seen that definition before. Perhaps they assume that a lower saddle means that simply putting feet down is an available braking option?
I think they're thinking of children's bikes.

Top Bottom