Pedals and helmet feedback

I would strongly suggest trying on a helmet in a shop/from a friend before buying the same one online. I would avoid relying on advice from others on which helmet to buy as every helmet and personS heads slightly different shapes.

vickster

Legendary Member
This ^^^
Helmets need to fit right so try and then buy. Even if you have to pay a little more vs online.
You won’t need to spend £60 on the pedals. Shimano M324 a good option if you really do want to use normal shoes on a regular basis. The M530 won’t be comfortable imo, too small and an odd shape,

Last edited:

jay clock

Massive member
I am not clear. Are you only looking for items available in Canada?

But agreed, M324 is the perfect all round flat/SPD pedal
and yes, you MUST try the helmet on

Sharky

Guru
Most helmets are adjustable over a range. If you are going to use the same helmet for summer and winter, allow for wearing a hat under the helmet as well.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you must buy online then you’re not going to be able to try, all helmets have a an adjustment band but some might be a better fit than others, you’ll just have to take that chance.
The Shimano PD 530 pedals are an excellent budget choice, I have some, you get the choice of flats one side and clip in the other.

OP
T

tdcadillac

I would strongly suggest trying on a helmet in a shop/from a friend before buying the same one online. I would avoid relying on advice from others on which helmet to buy as every helmet and personS heads slightly different shapes.
Thanks. Yes I tried one specialized M/L didnt work was small and XL is too big.

OP
T

tdcadillac

I am not clear. Are you only looking for items available in Canada?

But agreed, M324 is the perfect all round flat/SPD pedal
and yes, you MUST try the helmet on
generally item in north america. there is a good brand that a member has recommended (exustar) but it is not sold here that is why looking for a brand I can buy here

OP
T

tdcadillac

Most helmets are adjustable over a range. If you are going to use the same helmet for summer and winter, allow for wearing a hat under the helmet as well.
good point thanks Sharky thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. Yes I tried one specialized M/L didnt work was small and XL is too big.
Then you need a different brand, they are all a different shape to suit different shaped heads and you won’t know what works for you without trying a few on. What brands do your local shops sell?

Top Bottom