Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldridge

Hi Folks

I”m in the market for some road bike clip less pedals has anyone got recommendations please?

I”m after value for money tbh but any suggestions would be welcomed.

thanks in advance

Eldridge 😎

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Shimano PD- M520 SPD Pedals. Easy to clip in and out, come with cleats which are metal and last forever.
£19.99 @ Cycle Republic.
https://www.cyclerepublic.com/catal...WL_Euyg6mOYbkB5ojdJuJ08UL8m7yvWUaAnikEALw_wcB
Or the black version from Decathlon for the same price.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/pd-m520-spd-clipless-mountain-bike-pedals-id_3169982.html

You’ll need SPD 2 bolt compatible shoes with a sole where the cleats are recessed so more walkable.

Last edited:

rivers

How far can I go?
If you want to be able to walk around easily in your cycling shoes, shimano m520s. I have them on my winter commuter/CX/gravel/away on holiday bike. If you want road pedals Shimano R550s which I have on my summer/aero/TT/long ride bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You've lost me?
Never mind, you'll soon find out :laugh:.

vickster

Legendary Member
You've lost me?
SPD-SL cleats stand proud of the shoes and can thus be very slippery. You'll need to learn to walk cautiously and a bit like a duck (and hope you never have to do the walk of shame after a bike issue, make sure you carry tubes and pump at all time for starters)

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Not being funny fella's I've been wearing cleats for 30 plus years and cut my teeth initially on Castle crag in the Lake District wearing them, which is another story all together.

Thanks for the heads up though, been there done that.

Eldridge.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Fella?

If so used to cleats, not sure why you didn’t understand my comment about walking in them?
Fella

I don’t have a problem walking in them that’s why. I was asking you to explain yourself a wee bit better.

Thanks anyway 👍

Eldridge.

Top Bottom