Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knightly85

I need to get some flat pedals for my bike, they currently have the pedals with the foot cage (I've taken the cage off) and they seem not wide enought plus I can only use one side of the pedals. I want to replace them with some flat road bike pedals, which don't cost a lot of money. I've been looking on Amazon and reading reviews but I'm not sure, any suggestions on what pedals I should get?

vickster

Legendary Member

carlosfandangus

Über Member
The only problem I have had with flats are width, unless you go for very wide MTB pedals, I have big wide feet, however since swapping to SPD's I have not had an issue, however you are limited to the amount that you can walk around

vickster

Legendary Member
The only problem I have had with flats are width, unless you go for very wide MTB pedals, I have big wide feet, however since swapping to SPD's I have not had an issue, however you are limited to the amount that you can walk around
Not so much in SPD if you have a well recessed cleat 👍

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Very true, its just finding them, you have to shop around a lot, its not easy when you take 14's, you have to accept what fits

"Not so much in SPD if you have a well recessed cleat 👍"

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Assuming they have cup and cone bearings, packing them with grease when new will help keep water out. Cheaper pedals (and new Shimano ones these days) are skimpy on grease.

Top Bottom