Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jambon

Hi,

Im looking to get some new pedals for my cinelli bike, currently I just just have standard pedals with a plastic box to slide into and because im obviously just wearing trainers they can get really slippy and catch on the ground. I want to get some clip in pedals and also some decent shoes that would work with the pedals? Anyone got any idea? Im totally clueless when it comes to kit?

Cheers,

OP
OP
J

Jambon

Hi,

Im looking to get some new pedals for my cinelli bike, currently I just just have standard pedals with a plastic box to slide into and because im obviously just wearing trainers they can get really slippy and catch on the ground. I want to get some clip in pedals and also some decent shoes that would work with the pedals? Anyone got any idea? Im totally clueless when it comes to kit?

Cheers,

OP
OP
J

Jambon

Hi,

Cheers,

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Shimano M520's are a good starting point, then look for an SPD shoe, note that Shimano shoes are rather narrow fitting, try a pair on before to buy. Personally I like Spesh BG Sonoma...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Shimano M520's are a good starting point, then look for an SPD shoe, note that Shimano shoes are rather narrow fitting, try a pair on before to buy. Personally I like Spesh BG Sonoma...

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
M520s are great first clipless pedals... I have just bought some in white to go with my Boardman.

£19 delivered on the 'bay - can't go wrong IMHO. I picked up some half price Northwave Kameleon shoes in a sale last summer - jobs a good 'un.

I want your bike too :smile:

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
M520s are great first clipless pedals... I have just bought some in white to go with my Boardman.

£19 delivered on the 'bay - can't go wrong IMHO. I picked up some half price Northwave Kameleon shoes in a sale last summer - jobs a good 'un.

I want your bike too ;)

Decide between spd (two screws and easier to walk in) and spd-sl which have a 3 screw triangular plate which are better for riding but crap for walking. Some shoes will be spd only or spd-sl only - others can accomodate both systems.

(Time and Look systems have slightly different set ups but they too are 3 pin cleats and will fit a spd-sl shoe)

Top Bottom