Peleton exercise bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I just don't like how the bike is cheaply made but costs more than a Neo. I don't like their sexist Christmas advert. I don't like how they tried to sue GPLama because he had The Peleton news and they tried to claim copywrite on the word Peleton. I can't stand the adverts, but yeah it's better than sat watching Netflix eating pizza.
Ummm the company is Peloton...
https://www.onepeloton.co.uk/

you could try copywriting peleton though...in partnership with the OP :whistle:

It looks like their business is actually doing very well, one of not many Covid winners it seems

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Ummm the company is Peloton...
https://www.onepeloton.co.uk/

you could try copywriting peleton though...in partnership with the OP :whistle:

It looks like their business is actually doing very well, one of not many Covid winners it seems
Well I am sorry spelling poilce but you will find the OP spelt it incorrectly. I don't own one they should know.

Milzy

Guru
I don’t understand the vitriol that some people have against a company, especially one that they cannot spell, it is Peloton not Peleton. They provide a service that many people love and gets them active. OK it is not for me right now, but never say never as actually a lot of the workouts are very similar to trainer road. The company and its backers have put in a huge amount of money and are still not making a profit.

Back to the OP, I don’t have one, but I believed from reading DCRainmaker who shipped a used one from the US that you can disassemble it.
I only copied what the OP put. I'm not that interested to check it out.

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought an East way from Lane for about £100.
Good for you 👍
Try buying a decent road bike right now for £100

if people want to spend their money on this, why is it actually anyone else’s business? They’re probably saving £100 a month on their gym membership!

Jimidh

Veteran
My business partner has one of these and I gave him my haughty I’m a proper cyclist wouldn’t be seen dead on one get a Zwift etc etc response.

But as he explains him and his wife have two young kids, he works full time like me. His wife likes spin classes - doesn’t have time with one P2 and aPreschooler in the house to get out and do as much exercise as she would like. He likes it as he can do a quick session late at night or early morning. Using it lots now as gyms etc closed. Both not keen on road riding for various reasons.

Different people have different needs.

Drago

Legendary Member
The target audience are busy time crunched middle class types so it's not convenient to ride a real bike.
See, I don't get that. It's not convenient to ride a bike for half an hour, but it's convenient so sit of a poor quality exercise bike with an old TV screen gaffa taped to the front for half an hour?

If people want to do it then that's just fine by me, go nuts, just I'd rather they didn't come out with all the made up nonsensical tosh to justify it.

dodgy

Perhaps they just have more money than other people and can spend it on stuff that they don't need to justify.
I don't care if someone has a Peloton trainer, don't care what car they drive, what washing machine they have, if they're a Linux or Microsoft user, Xbox or playstation, Android or Apple - I just don't bloody care.

Top Bottom