Peleton indoor riding advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Peloton is just a spin class.

But not all spin is peloton.

If you hate spin that's fine, but don't hate it because of what Peloton do.

An error occurred.

I would hate it. Mrs Gti did spinning for a while and persuaded me to go along. It was even worse than I expected; they had a dozen bikes set up in a semi-circle, loud music and a woman who shouted at you. I quickly decided to stick to my usual turbo routine, which rather spoiled the symmetry of the session. At one point the shouting woman worked her way down the line shouting into people's faces and when she got to me she looked, read my expression that said "leave me alone" shook her head and moved on to the next poor sap. Mrs Gti never tried to get me to go after that.

I bet the rest of the class were devastated.:rolleyes:

Milzy

Guru
But not all spin is peloton.

If you hate spin that's fine, but don't hate it because of what Peloton do.
Of course not, spin classes in gyms are brilliant for many people. I just hate the corporate Peloton. You’d get so much more out of a mid priced turbo trainer & chose your own apps.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If peloton go under, can the bike connect to anything else?

At £6 a spin class you could have 332 spins before you reach the cost of the bike. So six years of once a week spin. With peloton you'd also be paying £40 month. So that's another £2,400 over the period. So that's another 400 classes of £6 spin etc.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
If peloton go under, can the bike connect to anything else?

At £6 a spin class you could have 332 spins before you reach the cost of the bike. So six years of once a week spin. With peloton you'd also be paying £40 month. So that's another £2,400 over the period. So that's another 400 classes of £6 spin etc.
Of course, such a plan of action requires associating with other people, in an actual class rather than a cyberverse. How sordid! Someone else may use your exercycle when you are not there. People may wish to interact with you. People who did not go to Smith, or live in the Back Bay, or summer on The Cape.....

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Four months, give or take, until Christmas. Time to start saving up for the exercise bike of your dreams. Or not.

Top Bottom