Peleton indoor riding advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Been around since the 1980s', i don't know if it's going anywhere.

dodgy

Just watched it. Her saddle looked a bit low.

Still ... There's only one thing in life worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about. So I guess the advert is working.

Immediately following the backlash on the advert, they lost 9% of their stock price, costing them $942,000,000 (nine hundred and forty two million dollars :becool: )
1575489718953.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Immediately following the backlash on the advert, they lost 9% of their stock price, costing them $942,000,000 (nine hundred and forty two million dollars :becool: )
Not good but will probably go up again. It hasn't cost them any cash, at least not yet.

The group of people who don't like the advert probably doesn't contain that high a percentage of potential customers. So the proof will be in the sales figures. I can't see why anyone would want one but quite a lot of people seem to.

Lee_M

Guru
An error occurred.

I would hate it. Mrs Gti did spinning for a while and persuaded me to go along. It was even worse than I expected; they had a dozen bikes set up in a semi-circle, loud music and a woman who shouted at you. I quickly decided to stick to my usual turbo routine, which rather spoiled the symmetry of the session. At one point the shouting woman worked her way down the line shouting into people's faces and when she got to me she looked, read my expression that said "leave me alone" shook her head and moved on to the next poor sap. Mrs Gti never tried to get me to go after that.

I had that until I found a spin class run by a bloke same age as me (58), he plays decent music, and has fun. During the TDF he had a climbing day, when he set a video up of the alpe d'huez and had us climbing most of the class, and on the last day he gave everyone a plastic glass of drink to copy the riding down the champs elysee. Also done things like a class where every song has something to do with cycling

Lots of different ideas to stop it from being boring, it's not cycling but in horrible weather it's ok

Milzy

Guru
Nothing wrong with spin. It’s not road cycling, it’s not racing. It’s not really pretending to be either. Why would you want it to disappear?
I want it to disappear because it’s a rip off. Also they threatened to sue Shane Millar GP Lama for calling Some of his YouTube vlogs “The Peloton news”. The adverts are very annoying.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I want it to disappear because it’s a rip off. Also they threatened to sue Shane Millar GP Lama for calling Some of his YouTube vlogs “The Peloton news”. The adverts are very annoying.
Peloton are now telling CNN and others how disappointed they are we haven't gotten the true point of their ad. That's what I wanted for Christmas, another company to talk down to me about how I don't understand their ad and it's objectionable message about wealth, conspicuous consumption, and gender bias.

Top Bottom