Peleton indoor riding advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Polarton. The cold climate version.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Am I the only one for whom some of these replies seem weirdly out of sync? I am not enjoying the new forum update, I'm afraid. I'm finding the forum much harder to read and harder to post to. I am using an android phone, so maybe it is better on other systems or a on a pc.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Poor Grace in Boston! Her husband gives her an exercise bike ($2,250.00 msrp.) for Christmas,(the romantic devil) when all she really wanted was his attention. So much so, she had to blog about it. If I would give Mrs. GA an exercise bike for Christmas, I'd be ready to dodge that frying pan...

Globalti

Legendary Member
An error occurred.

I would hate it. Mrs Gti did spinning for a while and persuaded me to go along. It was even worse than I expected; they had a dozen bikes set up in a semi-circle, loud music and a woman who shouted at you. I quickly decided to stick to my usual turbo routine, which rather spoiled the symmetry of the session. At one point the shouting woman worked her way down the line shouting into people's faces and when she got to me she looked, read my expression that said "leave me alone" shook her head and moved on to the next poor sap. Mrs Gti never tried to get me to go after that.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I see in today's news that Peloton's stock is down now by 9% as a result of a wave of negative responses to the ad. Oops.
I think yesterday was a bad day on The Street for everyone.
Although I think their ad agency, Mekanism, should rethink the approach, as i believe they all said they would do a couple years ago.
They may just wish to be unabashedly elitist.
That's a marketing ploy, although I doubt its success rate.
I'd buy a used one for cheap.
But at a couple grand, and $40 a month for subscription, I'm skeptical about reaching target markets effectively with anything but small, well targeted campaigns. I think TV and broad campaigns are a waste of money with this product.. Statistical research is there to help.

Top Bottom