Peloton advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A fool and his money are easily parted as they say. It's not my money they are spending so I don't care who buys it. If someone wants to buy it then go for it.

Seems to me there are a lot of angry people around who complain about things that other people buy or do

I have better things to do than to waste time complaining about the things like that. Personally I don't want one and couldn't aford it anyway but horses for courses and all that.

The value in the company, comes from the huge amounts of personal data they harvest, using the premise of an ‘exercise solution’. That’s why investors are so keen to chuck money at it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
What an annoying ad. I don't see how it warrants a complaint, apart from that it's typical of American cheeseyness and hyper consumerism. After all, if the wife thought it an insult to have it bought for her, she could easily have said "are you having a laugh? You need it more than I do you fat b*stard". If you can afford it, I'd see it as being a very convenient way of exercising in your own home. The user interface would probably be more motivating than headphones (for example).

What an annoying ad. I don't see how it warrants a complaint, apart from that it's typical of American cheeseyness and hyper consumerism. After all, if the wife thought it an insult to have it bought for her, she could easily have said "are you having a laugh? You need it more than I do you fat b*stard". If you can afford it, I'd see it as being a very convenient way of exercising in your own home. The user interface would probably be more motivating than headphones (for example).
It’s a double edged sword. The sorts of people their marketing team have identified, and are actively targeting, probably think nothing of the cost, but these are the exact sorts of people who rapidly move on to the ‘new thing’. I’d be interested to see how Peloton’s business model accounts for this.

After all, if the wife thought it an insult to have it bought for her, she could easily have said "are you having a laugh? You need it more than I do you fat b*stard".
The wife is an actor, paid to say her lines and to pretend to be overjoyed at husband dropping 2k on an exercise bike with an integrated tablet and a monthly subscription cost :okay:

Why are these adverts never realistic, where is the overweight person, sitting ashen-faced in a puddle of their own sweat with their head veins bulging out? Why is it always incredibly lithe women riding on the lowest resistance setting to make it look easy?

"Sure, it wasn't easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. Peloton: because you're worthless"
I should be in advertising.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Back in the news

Peloton exercise bike ad mocked as being 'sexist' and 'dystopian'

Think the "sexist" claim is a bit of a stretch but the ad itself is a bit naff and creepy.

That advert is hilariously bad, hard to imagine someone got paid for it.

Aside from the terrible acting, we aren't shown why she wanted the exercise bike (she starts as a slim, fit-looking woman and ends as a slim, fit-looking woman), and although she says "I didn't know how much this would change me", how it changed her is left as a complete blank.

That advert is hilariously bad, hard to imagine someone got paid for it.

Aside from the terrible acting, we aren't shown why she wanted the exercise bike (she starts as a slim, fit-looking woman and ends as a slim, fit-looking woman), and although she says "I didn't know how much this would change me", how it changed her is left as a complete blank.
She's 2,000 pounds lighter!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My partners boss is a fully paid up member. Bike and everything. I don't think it's actually been used yet. More like a very expensive clothes horse at the moment.

My partners boss is a fully paid up member. Bike and everything. I don't think it's actually been used yet. More like a very expensive clothes horse at the moment.
And probably will remain so, I reckon. Some people just buy stuff, because they think it keeps them ‘up with the Joneses’ and don’t really think it through. There’s only so far Peloton can go with that though.

Top Bottom