People of Devon....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
No language course needed...am Devon born and bred :-)
@Hill Wimp on the other hand....
Oh brilliant you are going home fantastic,i am a Leeds lad born and bred,but we have a plan to retire to the Northumberland coastline,looking forward to that three to five years,but only after Mrs P's dad has gone,so it might be longer.

I'm seriously considering transferring my job to Devon or Somerset as and when I find the right narrow boat.
You’ll have trouble with those hills if you don’t find the right narrow boat. ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
love the place, dawlish being our prefferred holiday destination for over 40 years although with the traffic nowdays im not prepared to spend a whole day literally driving there and a whole day driving back

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
love the place, dawlish being our prefferred holiday destination for over 40 years although with the traffic nowdays im not prepared to spend a whole day literally driving there and a whole day driving back
Fortunately it will be in easy reach for us, but mostly for off-season dog walks. The summer is madness by the coast, so then we'll head for the hills!

Rocky

Hello decadence
Good luck to you both. Here’s wishing you a stress-free move.

Did I mention I hate Devon? We went on a family holiday there 30 years ago, staying in a caravan. It rained all week - the rain was so noisy on the caravan roof, it felt like living in one of Ginger Baker’s snare drums.

Top Bottom