People of Devon....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Another Devonian here, only just, mind, about 400m from the Dorset border. Regarding gears, trust me, after the flatlands of Oxfordshire you'll be needing lower gearing. I'm down to 48/32 x 11x29 and it's not quite low enough :ohmy:

Pace of life deffo slower down here. They use 'Devon Time' which runs much slower than the rest of the UK. The calandar works differently, too.

But you'll be pleased with your move, just such a nice place to be. Enjoy your new life.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Test for eligibility: Jam or cream on first?
Both the Cornish and the Devonians have it wrong. Its Butter and then Jam.

There I've said it, f@ck the lot of you with your cream and clotted cream!^_^

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good luck you two. Don't forget to visit your friends in the SE from time to time. Feel free to leave the rain at home though....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Same ish age as me. We'll both be getting bus passes next year.
Unfortunately, not... They are now linked to state pension age in England. I just turned 66 and am trying to apply for one***.

*** To do it online I am being asked for proof of identity in the form of a valid passport or driver's licence and I have neither!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Unfortunately, not... They are now linked to state pension age in England. I just turned 66 and am trying to apply for one***.

*** To do it online I am being asked for proof of identity in the form of a valid passport or driver's licence and I have neither!
Blimey! When I applied for mine they didn't have an online service. I think mine might have expired by now (I used it once or twice).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are going to have to learn to talk funny ! :okay:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Another Devonian here, only just, mind, about 400m from the Dorset border. Regarding gears, trust me, after the flatlands of Oxfordshire you'll be needing lower gearing. I'm down to 48/32 x 11x29 and it's not quite low enough :ohmy:

Pace of life deffo slower down here. They use 'Devon Time' which runs much slower than the rest of the UK. The calandar works differently, too.

But you'll be pleased with your move, just such a nice place to be. Enjoy your new life.
I'm finding my lowest of 30/40 still leaves me wanting just one lower gear...

Top Bottom