People of Devon....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey! When I applied for mine they didn't have an online service.
It might just be a West Yorkshire thing. The passes seem to be organised by local councils even though they apply to bus travel in all of England.

I think mine might have expired by now (I used it once or twice).

I haven't caught a bus for years but the pass would also give me half price off-peak rail travel in West Yorkshire (better than the third off that I get with my rail card). It would be handy for going on longer walks to save me walking out-and-back. For example, I could catch a bus to Haworth and walk back over the moors (or walk there, bus back).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Coton in the Elms in Derbyshire claims the title of being farthest from any coast in the UK at ~70 miles.
just up the road :smile: yeah as the crow flies maybe but i havent got a flying car yet :smile:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Good luck to you both. Here’s wishing you a stress-free move.

Did I mention I hate Devon? We went on a family holiday there 30 years ago, staying in a caravan. It rained all week - the rain was so noisy on the caravan roof, it felt like living in one of Ginger Baker’s snare drums.
Rain? What is this rain of which you speak about in Devon.....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Another Devonian here, only just, mind, about 400m from the Dorset border. Regarding gears, trust me, after the flatlands of Oxfordshire you'll be needing lower gearing. I'm down to 48/32 x 11x29 and it's not quite low enough :ohmy:

Pace of life deffo slower down here. They use 'Devon Time' which runs much slower than the rest of the UK. The calandar works differently, too.

But you'll be pleased with your move, just such a nice place to be. Enjoy your new life.
Hi Proto

Am going 28/34 on the Rourke!
The Brompton 6 speed has a 50/34 chainset, but the fixed at around 73" might need rethinking!

My father was born in Whitchurch Canonicorum in Dorset and 'attended' Lyme School. Both Parents met and lived in Axminster, so my roots are East Devon/Dorset borders....

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Rain? What is this rain of which you speak about in Devon.....
There might not be much left - I took most of it last 'summer'...

1643821746928.png

(Cycling back from Exmouth to Exeter.)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You've surpassed yourself there Unkers!

I shall be 7 miles from Brexeter where the Bishop had a Boniface....
Brexeter was where as a small Foodie I sang in the Cathedral choir :-)
In which case, it's curtains for you.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Unfortunately, not... They are now linked to state pension age in England. I just turned 66 and am trying to apply for one***.
Depends where you live. In London it's 60+ for a free (ish) bus pass. Terms and conditions apply.
I'm counting the days.

Top Bottom