People putting obstacals on cycle paths!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20190616_193634.jpg
Fortunately I came by this obstacle in daylight hours. Others cyclist may not have been so fortunate if cycling at night.
20190616_193514.jpg

20190616_193527.jpg

I snapped it off to make safe.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
looks like it as been snapped off and bent deliberately to get a passing cyclist. That is the calibre of some of our wonderful population:angry:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Who would walk along there and think: "I'll just break off this fence stave and bend it over the path to catch a cyclist"?

It would take a massive effort to break that steel away from the bolt holding it to the top rail, definitely more than a human could manage with their hands. It looks to me as if it got damaged by a falling branch. Where did the spiky top go? Probably snapped off forwards by the branch, causing the distortion you can see around the bolt hole.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Who would walk along there and think: "I'll just break off this fence stave and bend it over the path to catch a cyclist"?

It would take a massive effort to break that steel away from the bolt holding it to the top rail, definitely more than a human could manage with their hands. It looks to me as if it got damaged by a falling branch. Where did the spiky top go? Probably snapped off forwards by the branch, causing the distortion you can see around the bolt hole.

Some people do think and act like that though.

lane

Veteran
On the local cycle paths we had a spate of stolen ebikes being used to knock cyclists off thier bikes. The scheme has now been suspended because the majority of bikes were either stolen or vandalised.

Top Bottom